The Vader/Anakin vs. Obi-Wan Fights (both of them)

I realize they have to have this epic battle in Ep. III, which I greatly look forward to. I've always thought they'd fight right before the end of the movie. Anakin would fall, "die", and be saved by Palpatine. He would then take the new name Darth Vader with the new costume. Obi-Wan would think he died. After all, he hides the babies from the Emperor, not Vader.
    OK, so good so far (barring minor/major changes to that )

So when they fight again in Ep. IV, Vader says "When we last met, I was but the learner; now I am the master." To which Ben replies, "Only a master of evil, Darth."

Okay -- so Ben has to know that Anakin is Darth Vader. (Also evidenced by his "point of view" on how Anakin became Vader, which he tells to Luke). I doubt he gleamed that knowledge in his 20 years of hiding. Thus, he also has to know that he's been up to evil things. Does this mean that Anakin was Darth Vader when they fight in Ep. III?

Which brings me to my next question: if they fight when Anakin is Vader, then he is in fact NOT a "learner" anymore, right?

So, has my theory about them fighting at the end of Ep. III, and us not seeing the fully-clothed Darth Vader until Ep. IV withered and died?

Thanks for your insight.

I think there will be a second confrontation between Kenobi and Anakin as Darth Vader.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Maybe it would be premature wishing for the whole DV get-up in Ep3, but I would dearly love to see a Darth Vader in action that looks like he could actually wield a saber.

After all, he hides the babies from the Emperor, not Vader.
    He did hide them from Vader, as mentioned by Vader.....

Ahhhhh, sister....... Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me.....
    or something to that effect.

But yeah, that would be cool to see a partly assembled Darth Vader in SWEIII!!

There was another post, that suggested Anakin would wear an outfit ( Vader like costume ) to concel his identity while hunting Jedi.. When Obi hears about the guy, he searches out Ani to warn him of this guy. He only finds Vader.. Ani reveals himself to Obi and the fight insues.. leaving Ani broken, and burned, and forced to wear the suit to keep himself alive.. I really like that spin. It would be cool to see something to that effect..
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

ya i hope we see something of vader in they movie.
    Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

Re: The Vader/Anakin vs. Obi-Wan Fights (both of them)

Originally posted by Toad

So when they fight again in Ep. IV, Vader says "When we last met, I was but the learner; now I am the master." To which Ben replies, "Only a master of evil, Darth."

Which brings me to my next question: if they fight when Anakin is Vader, then he is in fact NOT a "learner" anymore, right?
    It was (if memory serves me correctly) "when I last left you I was but the learner now I am the master", saying that when he left Obi-Wan he was the learner. Not nessesarily when he fights obi-wan. It makes sense if you are me.
    Last edited by MikeAndTheBots; 06-05-2002 at 04:48 PM.
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

The Anakin/Vader vs. Obi-wan fight is the part of E3 that is really gonna have to work well. I can't figure out how exactly it's going to happen, but it will be interesting.
    The force will be with you- always...

all i know is lucas better not edit it like he did obi-wan's and dooku's saber duel. that was one awful piece of editing. the whole fight didn't make sence. it was like lucas cut out a huge part of the fight to save time.

jedi clint,

i too think anakin and obi wan will duel twice in episode 3, but do you think dooku will be involved in either of these duels? it almost seems like common sence that anakin would kill dooku, i just wonder if there will be time for all these duels to take place.

Derek,

There are 2 plot lines (I can see) that tie the beginning middle and end of E3 together: The birth of the Empire and it's opposition, and Anakin's decent into darkness and his destruction.

It is possible that each act could have it's own climactic duel.

The first duel being between Anakin and Dooku leaving the separatists willing to begin negotiations with Palpatine, a position open in the Sith, and a glimpse at how aggressive and out of touch with his humanity Anakin has become.

The middle act ending with the fight between Obi Wan and Anakin over Anakin's loyalty to Palpatine above his obligations as a Jedi and a husband. Anakin is confronted by his past (including information given to Kenobi by Padme about Anakin's violent and destructive behavior which Anakin feels both betrayed by and ashamed of) and the reality of the present (Palpatine's treachery?, and the dark path Anakin is on), but rejects salvation and embraces the darkest parts of his nature - greedy ambition for power (at the expense of his conscience), glory (Palpatine's praise and respect), and material existence (more like castles and land than money and trinkets).

The final act being the emergence of the new order and it's opposition topped by our hero's first taste of Palpatine's new Imperial enforcer - Darth Vader. Also the only bright spot of the film - the son of Skywalker is the hope of the future.

Just my take on things.
    ubi mel ibi apes