Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Emperor's wrath Vader?

Hey just wondering, if anybody has the new Vader if it is cool or not? I have seen the pics for him, but it is so hard to base an opinion on that. So far, the new luke has been getting lukewarm reviews.
    "Luke, join the dark side, it's so wizard!"

I managed to pick one up to my surprise. At first, I thought the figure was Dagobah Vader, as the rest of the Collection 1 assortment the figure is supposed to be with was absent and there was just the one Vader.

Like Dagobah Vader, much of this figure is translucent black, including the head, hands and forearms. What tipped it off from a distance for me was the blueness of the head. On close inspection, you can see the skull inside the head from the side. Also, placing the head in the light shows the lightening bolts , which are just painted on, much better. Also, the right hand appears to come off.

All in all, a nice figure, and my guess the scalpers target amongst the 3 in the wave.

Thumbs up

Yep, it is very cool indeed, and its true, u can remove the right hand of the figure. If u have the chance, buy it.
    As always...........L

Does it show any circuitry of Vaders? In other words do you see and robotic parts attached to the skeleton?
    "Luke, join the dark side, it's so wizard!"

Keep in mind that mine is "in package". I cannot see any robotry. The helmet is black translucent, encasing a skull which appears to be wearing sunglasses (Vaders visor).

Talking

Mine is out of the card. The most visible detail are the blue bolts in vader's helmet. The helmet and the arms are translucent u can see vader's skull from the side. There is no circuitry.
    As always...........L

Originally posted by Lobito
    There is no circuitry.
    Remember Hasbro made this figure so what do expect?
    cant wait to gett my hands on him when i see him.
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

The Emperor's Wrath Vader is pretty cool. The head glows in the dark after you hold it over a light for a few minutes. The sculpt is really detailed.

Luke X-Wing appears to have had his head shrunk. I don't understand why Hasbro can't seem to get the head scaled right. Young Anakin's head is actually bigger. I imagine Luke won't look so funny with the helmet on but I have not opened it yet.

Han's pose looks a little strange but has nice detailing.

Shmi is probably the nicest figure of the bunch.

Obi-Wan/JT Gear is a huge waste of plastic. Don't know why they even bothered. With so many characters that are in need of being made or resculpted the EU figures leave much to be desired.

I'm still waiting for a new POTJ C-3PO. He is the only core character from the 1st Trilogy that has yet to appear in the line. A C-3PO with articulated legs and arms would be great.

Originally posted by Grayhank
    The head glows in the dark after you hold it over a light for a few minutes.
    What his head glows? Anyone else confirm this???
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs down

Sounds cool. Glow-in-the-dark, nice. Sadly, I cannot find any of the 5 new figures.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."