Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jonna

Question Where are you in the time flow???

I was just wondering the general ages of SW fans? While asking your ages is abit boring, I thought I would ask what was the first of the films that you have seen and when/where did you see it.

I saw A New Hope its opening week at a drive-in theatre in Carbondale, PA.

I saw ANH in July of 1977. That's when it opened here in Ohio.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I saw it in May of 1977 at a drive-in in SoCal. I was almost 7 at the time.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I saw ANH in 1983 or 1984, whenever it made it's TV debut on CBS. I didn't see ESB or ROTJ until 1986, they were on videotaped recording of the cable broadcasts.

The only OT movie I have seen on the big screen was ROTJ, on the last showing of it's SE release. TPM and AOTC have been the only SW films that I have seen in theaters in their opening year.

The strange part is, that I have been a Star Wars fan since I was five (1978); but my parents wouldn't allow my brother or I to go to movie theaters.

Drive in theater in Rockport Maine in I think july of '77.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

ESB in 1980 at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, Ca. i think it was the opening weekend but i can't really remember.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

Jonna
    It is a completly different experience seeing it at a drive-in. If you can find one I would advise going. The Ninth time I saw TPM was at a drive-in in Eastern PA. It was cool as it seems that it was also a big hang out for classic car collectors. TIME WARP.

I was forced into this world in the human calendar date of 1976. I have no idea how long this jaunt will last or what is next, if anything, but it seems to be an incredibly short ride that doesn't have too much fun stuff going on.

I saw the movie when I was 1 year old, but don't remember it until the re-release in 1980.

Originally posted by Jonna
    It is a completly different experience seeing it at a drive-in. If you can find one I would advise going. The Ninth time I saw TPM was at a drive-in in Eastern PA. It was cool as it seems that it was also a big hang out for classic car collectors. TIME WARP.
    I totally agree Jonna. I also saw ESB at a drive-in when it came out and it was so cool. Me and my brother were on the top of our Impala stationwagon for the whole movie.

I really want to see AOTC at a drive-in, but I don't know if there are anymore in Utah. It is totally a cool experience.

Do they still charge by the carload or is it per head?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I saw ANH in 1977. Not sure what month since I was only 4. Man did that Darth Vader force choke thing freak me out.
    My backpack's got jets
    I'm boba the fett
    I bounty hunt for jabba hutt
    To finance my vette
    -----------------------------------
    "Fett's 'Vette" - MC Chris