Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Massiff with the wrong figure?

I did see the Massiff in the Tusken camp fighting over what looked like a bone right?
    Then why would he be offered with the Geno Warrior instead of a male raider?
    I thought it was wierd seeing it with in the movie in the camp is all.
    " You ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light? I ask all my prey, I just like the sound of it"

" See you around kid "

yeah i know i just E-maile Sirsteve on that,i thought hasbro made a mistake because the massif was going to be packaged with R4 but then the script changed.maby it's a error or a cut scene.
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

HEY!!!!!!! I also thought that the Massiff figure looks more like the "dog-like" creatures in the Tusken Camp than the wretched arena beast in that arena!

Hmmmmm . . . perhaps there was some last minute tinkering going on and they swapped the character out or something. Because, frankly, my Massiff doesn't look much like that hideous thing that kept going after Padme.

Massiff's according to the visual dictionary are native to both Tatooine and Geonosis. Like Mylow said, the early script had them attacking Obi-Wan's R4 droid, on Geonosis. The idea of the droid being able to leave the Jedi Starfight was dropped, and so was the attack. Lucas added the Massiff's to the Tusken scene instead of just dropping them from the film.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm pretty sure there is at least one Geonosian with a Massif standing by one of the arena doors. It's not the same as the Nexu, which is the thing that goes after Padme. That's going to be a deluxe figure. But there is one in the arena. I still thought it was strange to also see it in the Tusken Camp. I guess they are a violent, savage people who like to have violent, savage pets.

When in doubt, JARJAR goes through. Thanks big man.
    " You ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light? I ask all my prey, I just like the sound of it"

" See you around kid "

Originally posted by dirtybones
    When in doubt, JARJAR goes through. Thanks big man.
    No problemo, I'll post a scan from the visual dictionary that talks about them in here. Glad I could help again.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	massiff.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	1812  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I know what the visual dictionary says but I would have thought that the Geonosians would have imported the beasts like they have with the arena monsters. Like buying a pet guard dog or something. They remind me of Rottweilers. Big and bulky and with a snarl and bite that terrifies. It's not hard to see why the Tuskens would keep them as pets. And if there's just a couple on geonosis then it adds weight to the imported guard dog theory of mine. not that I like to contradict official publications but when they're rushed and innaccurate I think something needs saying. Kinda like how George and Co. changed their tune about which ship the Star destroyer grew out of after wittering on about the jedi starfighter being the source they went and changed the tune to state that it was instead the Republic cruiser that was the starting point. Which I'd been saying for months but everyone kept ignoring me. I hate to say I told you so but.......

Anyways, I'd already decided to use some massifs with my Tuskens when I first saw the figures. Didn't know the facts then but I thought they'd fit in on Tatooine rather well. I planned on buying four just for the geonosians and wondered what to do with the Massifs. And the Tuskens seemed like the most logical characters to have them as pets. Guess I must on the same wavelength as george and Co.

After seeing the movie again, I cannot spot a Massiff in the arena. I think I had it confused with the creatures that pull the cart that brings Padme and Anakin into the arena.

Yeah, Obi-Dan ---- I believe you were confused. I've . . . uh . . .seen the film . . . uh . . . three times and there are no Massiffs anywhere in that arena. I saw the creatures your talking about but they are actually very different. It's definitely an easy mistake though.

Such an interesting change --- thanks for the insight, JarJar. Nice that you can do some good before causing the downfall of the republic. (wink!wink!)