Angry it's the same old story

i was checking out the completed auctions for action fleet, and i see that the episode I tail enders are getting prices far in excess of what the e-wing and the tie defender ever got.

ships like the royal star ship, sith infiltrator and droid control ships as closing in the 200+ range

the royal star ship wasn't even a tail ender, that came out with the 2nd wave and was quite avaialble at retail.

i had to order the last three ships, the infiltrator, droid control ship and att from d&s toys back in 2000, cause i never saw those three in a toy aisle ever

so once again, we have toys from the action fleet line that were never ditributed well, getting prices which just shouldn't be for a plastic toy. i guess as people become aware of how good action fleet toys are, and then realise that particular ships were made and that they can't readily find them, they are willing to drop a load to have them in their collection.

but of course if you ask hasbro about the line, they'll always tell you that market demand for these is quite soft, and doesn't support the cost of tooling up and producing these at the retail level

even the trade federation landing ship and republic gunship are selling high in the 150 range

c'mon hasbro, get with the program, people want these things, there's no reason to not make action fleet available.
    Last edited by good shot jansen; 06-14-2005 at 07:57 AM.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Re: it's the same old story

hi there, I've been browsing the boards for the last few weeks, and I'm with you, Hasbro needs to get this line (AF) going again and do it 'old school' Galoob style with the great packaging, details, action features, and include the mini figures! My 9 year old son and I just recently started acquiring some Action Fleets (we now have 17 boxed and 5 open) and there is quite a bit that we need that will keep us busy, but Hasbro really needs to restart this line because they have a bunch of stuff 'tooled' up and produced, at least in prototype form, right, so they would fairly easily be able to get this going again, right? Wishful thinking, but you never know, anyways, just thought I'd do my first post and say "HI" , later, David

I don't know this to be true, but it feels like Hasbro sees those types of ebay results and chalks it up to the lunatic fringe of Star Wars collecting, which I really don't think is true - well, anybody who pays $200 for the Queen's Royal Starship is probably a nut, but it's only created by Hasbro pushing the product out past the fringe to begin with. Hasbro seems very limited in view, they don't seem to be able to see the difference between real Action Fleet and the Saga line's new entries which miss the boat both in fun AND in quality - the tragedy is that by Hasbro being unable to recognize the difference, they are woefully incapable of ever rectifying the situation.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They're going for how much?

I sold my entire loose, mint, opened and displayed Episode 1 Action Fleet line 2 years ago for what, $200? $250? And now a couple ships alone are fetching that much?

That torques me off on two fronts:

1. I plan on getting these again someday and now it'll be that much harder

and

2. Why did the price suddenly increase? That sucks!

The only Action Fleet I have kept is my Virago because I LOVED Shadows of the Empire. I don't intend to sell it- ever...

Makes me angry. Hasbro should re-release the ships again- the Naboo Royal Starship was the hardest AF for me to part with because of the wonderful chrome and detail work on it.

Hey Hasbro! I'D BUY IT AGAIN!