Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Have you seen Obi-Wan's new Ep II ship?

**********episode II spoiler warning***********

eh up

You've probably already seen this before, but have a look at the pic with Obi Wan next to an A-wing style ship - pretty cool, can't wait for the MM.

http://disc.server.com/discussion.cg...7&article=7265

Cheers

BC3
    Last edited by good shot jansen; 09-14-2001 at 10:21 AM.

i had seen this ship before......

but not from this angle.

way cool! the ship reminds me somewhat of the alpha naboo fighter, particularly with the rounded cockpit canopy, and the wide plane of the fusilage.

oh man! this beauty is screamin' action fleet all over!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Yeah, and in the last insider you can see what the top of it looks like. Pretty cool... 'cept for one insignia. heh...

*SPOILERS* Highlight to read, if it works.
    Btw, in the new insider it also show's a ship I guess is Anakin's and it looks alot like the Expanded Universe Cloud Car with the arrowhead hull. Not bad, I can scan a pic for anyone if they want.
    Last edited by LTBasker; 09-13-2001 at 09:40 PM.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Yeah it looks like an elongated A-Wing.

More futuristic looking than the X-Wing. But the A-Wing was supposed to come some 20 years after episode 2. Aren't X and Y-Wings supposed to be 'old' ships at the time of 'A New Hope', so shouldn't the Republic be using ships similar to early X and Y designs at the time of ep 2 and 3?

Yorkie.

They could be Nubian personal craft given to Obi-Wan and Anakin as presents of courtesy from Amidala for helping Naboo. Just a thought, I dunno, but since the Queen's E1 Starship has the pointed nose design on it...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

It's a precursor design to the Imperial Star Destroyer, and it's wearing a Republic insignia which is similar to the Imperial one. My guess is that it's just the shape of Coruscant starfighter design at the time.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Lightbulb

Ah.. but the Jedi do not fight like that, they protect, they would have no need for a starfighter so why would the ships if they are "personal" ships be starfighters? Of course they could be to try to protect against the enemy and such in some scenes so they could've done that but it's not like they're mini-anakin or Luke. Hmm, if the Star Destroyers had adapted their design wouldn't the TIE Fighters also have? I could be wrong. (JT, if you're gonna prove me wrong again please make it more...err, pleasant. )

BASKER, YOU'RE WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG! Actually, I don't know for sure, I'm just going on rumors and what LFL has said. However, it may be possible that the Jedi are required to "protect" over the skies of a planet, and thus would need ships.

As for the adaptation issue, Lucas seemed to be thinking about TIE Fighters in Ep 1 with the Droid Starfighters. Remember that the Empire employs different ship builders for different vehicles, so they're not all gonna be the same.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just seen this pic at CollectStarWars.com.......

Here's hoping that we'll see MM's of the 2 new ones.

BC3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ep2scan_vehicles.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	277  

Man,I hope we see these.There real sharpe.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."