Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

UK- ITV1 to show Star Wars Saga

I have just seen an advert on ITV1 tonight (Thursday @ 23:10)

They will be showing the 4 Star Wars films in order for the first time ever on terrestrial TV this summer.

About bloody time too I say, only problem ..... ADVERTS.

Why the hell do ITV have to put ADVERTS in the middle of a film ?

In case any of you think that the films have been shown before, you are right, but not. This is the first ever showing of TPM and the Special Edition Trilogy. The SE films were never shown, only in old original format.
    TK6540 of the UK Garrison

I think it is the first showing of the SE and TPM on terrestial TV. Sky had the SE and TPM showing for months not so long ago. Unfortunaltely Sky runs any film to death, but on the plus side they don't interupt the films with adverts.

In the advert it says the network premiere, which means they have been shown on Sky or Cable TV. I think they are due to be shown after the World Cup around September time.

Strangley I've still got recordings of ANH and ROTJ from when they were aired back in the 80s.

The adverts are back again.

Looks like the ITV1 showing is not too far away of the first 4 SW films.

Shame about all the dam adverts though

When was the last time they where on Network TV, and what Channel showed them? I wish they where on BBC though, I hate adverts!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Sky did show them and had no adverts
    why they stop
    i hope bbc will get them eventually
    the irish channel RTE are showing them too!!!!!!
    Ireland rule!!!!!
    Next on List : Destroyer Droid (Arena Battle) ,Clone Trooper with Speeder bike, Geo Arena, Dooku Speeder, Aayla Secura (Jedi Knight), Barris Offee (Jedi Knight), Commerce Guild Spider Droid!!!!!

The last time the films were shown on UK Terrestrial TV was back in the late 80's. Way before TPM & Spec Ed's were made.

From what I can remember, they were shown around Xmas time, I can't remember which channel, but have a feeling it was BBC1.

That was the last time the 3 Original Trilogy films were shown in their original format on UK TV, and have never been shown in SE format yet, until ITV1 show them soon.

SKY showed the SE's about 6 months ago also with TPM.

Chances of BBC getting them again is very, very slim.

Anyway, we must ALL have them on VHS, VCD or DVD format by now.

The OT on DVD?! Do tell.....
    and I thought they smelled bad on the outside...

One way or another the OT and TPM have been released on most formats.

By my last post I meant VHS & VCD for the Originals and DVD for TPM.

Sorry to cause any confusion.

Originally posted by jedi_uk73
    The last time the films were shown on UK Terrestrial TV was back in the late 80's. Way before TPM & Spec Ed's were made.

From what I can remember, they were shown around Xmas time, I can't remember which channel, but have a feeling it was BBC1.

I'm definetly sure that ROTJ was shown at Christmas on ITV, because I've still got it recorded off the telly complete with adverts. Not sure about ANH and ESB though, I think they were also shown on ITV.

ITV1 is to start showing the Star Wars saga next Tuesday (10th) at 7:30pm.