Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Dvd

Dark Horizons are reporting that AOTC will be released in October, instead of the scheduled November:

Originally scheduled for November 21st, rumours began today that Lucasfilm have 'unofficially' moved up the disc release of the second SW prequel to October 21st (and will include a doco imaginatively titled "The Middle"). This would give it a good lead on other major titles like "Spider-Man" and "Minority Report" whose discs are due out in December.

What would you like to see on the DVD?
    Do you think the "making of" for Episode III will be called The End?

PENDO!

The end but a beginning, ROTJ is the real "end."

I don't care what they name it, as long as I am able to label it "Good." :happy:
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker

I don't care what they name it, as long as I am able to label it "Good." :happy:
    Lol, well the good news is that that's pretty much a given. I mean look at the TPM DVD. Really bad movie, but the DVD is a must own for anybody who collects DVDs. It's as close to perfect as any set I've seen.

And since AOTC looks like it might actually be a good movie, the DVD should be awesome.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

i was really dissapointed there was no uncut version of the final duel like there was of that pod race, i mean all they cut from that was garbage, all they vut from the duel was gold. did we get it back? NO!

All the extra footage not in the E1 dvd will be put out, but in following re-releases of the discs. Just as with the tapes, these movies are gonna be milked for ever and then some.

Originally posted by SQueek
    i was really dissapointed there was no uncut version of the final duel like there was of that pod race, i mean all they cut from that was garbage, all they vut from the duel was gold. did we get it back? NO!
    If you mean actual fighting SQueek, I think you'd be disappointed by what might have been cut. I'm sure there are pieces that were snipped, but those fights took months to choreograph and film. It's not very likely they cut out anything great.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I hope that the 'Attack of the Clones' DVD is as full of features as TPM was...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

I'm sorry, but I can't see the Video or DVD being out in October or November, it just seems too early, I think it will be April like The Phantom Menace.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
    I'm sorry, but I can't see the Video or DVD being out in October or November, it just seems too early, I think it will be April like The Phantom Menace.
    Well, the owner of the Home Theater forum, a guy wth alot of contacts in the DVD industry is assuring people over at his site that the DVD is being worked on now, for release this Oct. or Nov. and his contacts have been correct about other stuff, like this years Back to the Future DVD release, etc. Normally any movie is released on VHS and DVD 5-6 months after it opens in theaters, including movies that are still playing theatricaly, i.e. Titanic. Here is two of his posts:

Ronald Epstein, Central New Jersey, Owner
    [7532 posts] Member Since: July 4th, 1997

You will have EP2 THIS YEAR- 'Nuff said

and

Ronald Epstein, Central New Jersey, Owner
    [7532 posts] Member Since: July 4th, 1997

Actually, the disc is being worked on as we speak.
    I would not lie to you about this!
    You'll see it at year's end!
    Honest!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 03-13-2002 at 03:54 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well I hope it is in Oct or Nov. Personally I dont want to wait as long as we did for TPM on video.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed