Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Raiders of the Lost Ark Redaux

    In an article posted at DVDFile.com it states that due to the success of the 20th Anniversary edition of ET that they might go back and add in new effects to Raiders of the Lost Ark. Why? Don't they realize that it is perfect the way it is. Why do people always have to go back and ruin a perfectly good movie by adding new stuff, or changing the effects. Haven't they ever heard the motto, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it." Why does Spielberg feel like messing with these movies? Sometimes I feel like they will never learn. Anyone else have a comment on this?
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

  2. #2

    Re: Raiders of the Lost Ark Redaux

    Originally posted by SithDroid
    In an article posted at DVDFile.com it states that due to the success of the 20th Anniversary edition of ET that they might go back and add in new effects to Raiders of the Lost Ark. Why? Don't they realize that it is perfect the way it is. Why do people always have to go back and ruin a perfectly good movie by adding new stuff, or changing the effects. Haven't they ever heard the motto, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it." Why does Spielberg feel like messing with these movies? Sometimes I feel like they will never learn. Anyone else have a comment on this?
    Well, who stated it wasn't Lucas or Spielburg, it was just the producer "Frank Marshall" of the films. Judging by the upcoming DVD release of E.T., even if they do release a special edition with improved effects version of the Indy films, doesn't mean they won't include the originals. Since the DVD release of E.T. will contain the original and 20th anniversary edition.

    MTFBWY and HH!!

    Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

    AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

  3. #3
    I saw these comments on imdb.com a few days back. If they go back and clean up the print and soundtrack to all three Indy movies, that's fine. But they shouldn't add or enhance beyond that.

    You can find some quotes and references here.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

    Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

  4. #4
    You know that scene where Indy fights the swordsman and he pulls out his revolver and caps the guy? In the new version the swordsman shoots first.

  5. #5
    Sounds like the Cantina scene from ANH.



    Anyway, i think they should keep off the Indy movies, they are all perfect. Look what the SE's did to Star Wars. I hate those SE scenes in ANH, ESB and ROTJ. Hope the Trilogy DVD's give you a choice when viewing them.


  6. #6
    Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    You know that scene where Indy fights the swordsman and he pulls out his revolver and caps the guy? In the new version the swordsman shoots first.
    LOL, no please don't even suggest that. By the way, anyone knows why that appears in the movie? There was a funny story about this scene on a documentary, but for the life of me I can't recall which one. But here is the explanation from the Internet Movie Database:
    The script originally included a long fight between a swordsman and Indiana with his whip. Actor Harrison Ford was suffering diarrhea at the time, and asked if the scene could be shortened. Spielberg said the only way he could shorten it was if Indy pulled out his gun and just shot the guy. The entire crew laughed and that's how it was filmed.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

    Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

    AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

  7. #7
    Actually I believe that information is partially right. Harrison Ford was suffering from disentary and didn't have the energy to battle the sword fighter, so he just pulled out his gun and shot him. Spielberg never knew he was going to do it, it was Harrison's improv that came up with the idea.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

  8. #8
    Originally posted by SithDroid
    Actually I believe that information is partially right. Harrison Ford was suffering from disentary and didn't have the energy to battle the sword fighter, so he just pulled out his gun and shot him. Spielberg never knew he was going to do it, it was Harrison's improv that came up with the idea.
    You are correct, I didn't have the full story remembered correctly and went with what was posted on IMDB. I think that there was some joking around on the set about Harrison doing it before he improved it, but no matter. You can really tell the annoyance he has in his face in that scene, who would have thought it was cause he needed to make a restroom run.

    MTFBWY and HH!!

    Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

    AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

  9. #9
    If the clean it up and rerelease it, thats fine with me. But I don't want to see some CG Indy doing some crazy superimposed stuff.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

  10. #10
    Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    You know that scene where Indy fights the swordsman and he pulls out his revolver and caps the guy? In the new version the swordsman shoots first.
    Damn you, RT! I was just going to say that!

    The only way the movie could possibly be better would be if they put back in any deleted scenes that added to the story. The movie is great as it is. Sometimes dinking around with stuff just screws it up.

    Since we're on the subject of Indy, anyone want to hazard a guess about the subject of the next movie? I'm wondering if it has to do with reopening the Lost Ark storyline. It probably doesn't since all three movies have rather independent storylines that didn't really cross at all (except for the Nazis), plus if it did they should bring back Karen Allen instead of Mrs. Spielberg.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

    "Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO