Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Only 2 there are, Umm, 2 and 1/2 there are...

So tell me this, at the end of the movie Dooku states that the boy is coming along. If there can only be 2 Sith, and they are both planning on turning Anakin, who gets to be the Master, Dooku or Sidious?

Obviously we know the answer, but I mean what are they thinking at that point? Are their thoughts that Sidious will be dead soon because he is so old and then Dooku would be the mentor?

Cloudy, the dark side is...

I don't remember Dooku saying that, though I don't remember alot of things about the film, I need to see it again, and want too soon!

Yeah, I don't recall him mentioning Anakin whatsoever.
    Are you certain you didn't confuse this with the word "war"? I remember Dooku saying something like "The war has started" or something (lay off, it was three in the morning, I'm going to see it again. )
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

My wife said the same thing. What you misheard was Dooku saying "The War has begun"

I don't think Dooku knows of Sidious's interest in Anakin. I sure wouldn't help someone who was trying to replace me.

Why can there only be two? Has this ever been explained?
    "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

More than two would lead to the type of hostility that wiped out the Sith in the first place. So you have a master keeping a tight leash on his apprentice, but at the same rate, you have an apprentice willing to take a learner and destroy the master.

So it's already a tenuous play for power, more would just lead to their failure.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Originally posted by Freedom
    Why can there only be two? Has this ever been explained?
    The reason the can be only 2 is b/c during the Great Jedi war almost all of the Sith were destroyed. Only Darth Bain survived. He created the 2 rule so that the Jedi would not know of their existance until the proper time. I think a full explination can be found at starwars.com, just look under Sith and folow the hyperlinks.

I also remember reading in a book some time ago that Anaikin killed the Sith Lord b/4 him in order to take his place at the Emperor's side. Now weather this will be Dooku or not still remains to be seen.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

I haven't read many books, but remember that The Emperor wanted Luke to kill Vader and take his place by his side. So I bet this is what happens to Dooku. Anakin probally slices the MFer in half. He's got to be mighty ****ed that his are got cut off. Also, it makes since in the style GL likes to write in.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Yeah, I can see him killing Dooku to take his place. Seems like a logical turn of events.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by icatch9
    I haven't read many books, but remember that The Emperor wanted Luke to kill Vader and take his place by his side. So I bet this is what happens to Dooku. Anakin probally slices the MFer in half. He's got to be mighty ****ed that his are got cut off. Also, it makes since in the style GL likes to write in.
    I got the feeling that Dooku wanted this sort of thing for him and Obi-Wan when he made Kenobi the offer to join him. He wanted Obi-Wan to help him kill Sidious and rule the galaxy as... roommates?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.