Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Hoole never left the cantina. He just got buzzed on Juri Juice and watched the pretty dancers and listened to the Modal nodes than wrote a bunch of crap since he knew no one would ever feel the need to go to Tatooine and verify his "findings" by hanging out with Tuskens... problem solved.

Where's my No-prize?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Where's my No-prize?
    Wow, there's a blast from the past. I remember when people didn't propose corrections but simply criticized the writers/artists for their prize. EP, did you get ever request or receive one? I recall someone who mentioned a misspelling of "the spice mines of Kessel" as the "SPINE mines." The letter writer said "Does See-Threepio drink INED tea?" Sad...
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Re: Implications of AOTC on the EU *SPOILERS*

Originally posted by Sith Vicious
    as well as the lightsaber colors which I brought up in another thread. Anything else?
    What do you mean by the colors? I've read quite a bit of EU stuff and don't recall an issue over color. Heck, Corran Horn's first saber was silver.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Originally posted by chaerulez
    Isn't Owen suppose to be the half brother or brother of Obi-Wan?
    I've read a few of the EU books, some comics, etc. but the first I heard of this was when people were talking about the "new" relationship set up in AOTC (i.e. Anakin/Owen stepbrothers.) Where was this first established?
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I think it appears in the Novelization for Return of the Jedi. It's more to the scene where Obi-Wan is talking with Luke on Dagobah after Yoda's death. It was also in the third draft of the shooting script. Here is what appears.

BEN
    Hmm. To protect you both from the Emperor, you were hidden from your father when you were born. The Emperor knew, as I did, if Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him. That is the reason why your sister remains safely anonymous.

LUKE
    Leia! Leia's my sister.

BEN
    Your insight serves you well. Bury your feelings deep down, Luke. They do you credit. But they could be made to serve the Emperor.

Luke looks into the distance, trying to comprehend all this.

BEN (continuing his narrative)
    When your father left, he didn't know your mother was pregnant. Your mother and I knew he would find out eventually, but we wanted to keep you both as safe as possible, for as long as possible. So I took you to live with my brother Owen on Tatooine... and your mother took Leia to live as the daughter of Senator Organa, on Alderaan.

Luke turns, and settles near Ben to hear the tale.

BEN (attempting to give solace with his words)
    The Organa household was high-born and politically quite powerful in that system. Leia became a princess by virtue of lineage... no one knew she'd been adopted, of course. But it was a title without real power, since Alderaan had long been a democracy. Even so, the family continued to be politically powerful, and Leia, following in her foster father's path, became a senator as well. That's not all she became, of course... she became the leader of her cell in the Alliance against the corrupt Empire. And because she had diplomatic immunity, she was a vital link for getting information to the Rebel cause. That's what she was doing when her path crossed yours... for her foster parents had always told her to contact me on Tatooine, if her troubles became desperate.

So Obi-Wan's relation to Owen was once quasi canon, but has been re-written. Proving that even the novels, since they are based on the early scripts for the movies can be considered non-canon in some regards. Rumors suggest that this scene may actually even been filmed. You can read more here.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 05-21-2002 at 11:40 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Heh. Do you think Luke ever got bummed when he learned Leia got to live the high life in posh and privelege and he got stuck tending vaporators at the assend of space? I'd be mooey mooey upsettin.

Re: Re: Implications of AOTC on the EU *SPOILERS*

Originally posted by Sidiously Darth

What do you mean by the colors? I've read quite a bit of EU stuff and don't recall an issue over color. Heck, Corran Horn's first saber was silver.

Most of the Ep. 1 comics/figures have the council members with various colored lightsabers. Ki has purple, Adi Galia has red, Plo has yellow etc, etc. During the filming of Ep. 2, George apparently decided the good guys were only going to use blue/green (except for Mace) and the bad guys red. The Ep. 2 Plo and Sassee reflect this change. I was wondering how they would address it in the comics . I can't remember if Coran inherited his saber or built it. If he built it, it's not a problem since whatever reason the Jedi used certain colors has been lost during their extermination. If he inherited it, an explanation could be in order.
    Last edited by Sith Vicious; 05-22-2002 at 10:06 PM.
    My backpack's got jets
    I'm boba the fett
    I bounty hunt for jabba hutt
    To finance my vette
    -----------------------------------
    "Fett's 'Vette" - MC Chris

Corran built his own lightsaber. it has two settings, one is a regular length blade and the other is a double sized blade of a different color.

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Heh. Do you think Luke ever got bummed when he learned Leia got to live the high life in posh and privelege and he got stuck tending vaporators at the assend of space? I'd be mooey mooey upsettin.
    He was probably too busy puking after he found out she was his sister considering how he was in love with her in ANH.
    My backpack's got jets
    I'm boba the fett
    I bounty hunt for jabba hutt
    To finance my vette
    -----------------------------------
    "Fett's 'Vette" - MC Chris