View Poll Results: The SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Round 1 - Fight Sixteen!!!

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anakin's speeder survives!

49 32.24%
  • Zam's speeder is right on target!

103 67.76%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm a little surprised that ZAm's speeder is winning this!

As a toy, I thinnk it is dificult to get Zam to sit in her cockpit chair. A negative for both is the, IMO, creepy rubber feel of the collapse zone. I think it's a great feature, but I can't stand touching it

My vote is for Ani's gonzo speeder.
    Last edited by Tycho; 05-18-2002 at 12:53 PM.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I did a little bit of editing to the post before my post and immediately after this one, as a little bit too much personal information was shared.

I don't think it was taken to be as funny as people thought it would be, but I appologize any time I have to edit anyone.

Last edited by Tycho; 05-18-2002 at 12:56 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I obstain from voting

But I do think Anakin's speeder looks cooler but I won't buy either of the 2.
    Last edited by Tycho; 05-18-2002 at 12:57 PM.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

How come Rogue 2 ?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I limit my collection to Classic Trilogy.

Although, I could just pretend that Anakin's speeder is in the background somewhere in Mos Eisley, when Luke and Ben are on their way to the cantina.
    Last edited by Rogue II; 05-18-2002 at 01:49 PM.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    From the looks of the poll so far, this one's a runaway. The Zam speeder is so much better than Ani's.... While I don't have either of them... I've heard from several people that it's very difficult to fit two figures easily, while the Zam fits much better in hers.
    See, if you already HAD Zam's speeder, I think you might change your mind. I have both speeders and I chose Anakin's speeder because Zam's speeder is too small and the cockpit is hopeless. You cannot fit a Zam figure in there properly - I have not seen any evidence of this possibility. The figure just lays there and bounces around, the lower skirt keeps her from even laying down properly and her hands are impossible to put around the controls. This thing is a Zam Wesell bed - she literally lays down looking straight up out the rear window - and it's one that's hard to get the figure into properly because the opening is so small.

The Ani Speeder, on the other hand, is very accurate even if it's also too small to be in scale (though Zam's speeder is more out of scale IMO). I've gotten 2 figures to fit in it with little difficulty, the only problem I ran into was the preposed arms get in the way of each other and the sides because they're so extremely posed. Even the crash-n-bash feature on this speeder is better than Zam's IMO.

For those who say they can't get figs into the Ani speeder, try just wedging the feet under the dash and let the heads go slightly over the headrests. On some figures, you'll have to turn the waist to the side a little, but it doesn't look out of place really.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What does look out of place is using any of these speeders off planet (in scenes).

Rogue 2, I think you'll find that Anakin's speeder is just too "nice" to place in a Mos Eisley diorama -either entirely, or without repainting it and making it look dirty and old. The design looks too sporty and 'rich' for Tatooine anyway, though.

Just like the Naboo Flash Speeder. I can't see that being used at all on Tatooine without massive repainting (and losing the gun on top which then just leaves a big blank hole).

Plus I think Luke's and the Naboo are LANDspeeders, and Zam's and Anakin's are AIRspeeders. I have trouble seeing Luke's or the Naboo Security's speeders flying through Coruscant. I don't think they can.

For Mos Eisley, I really want HASBRO to make Uncle Owen's landspeeder from ANH (in the garage when Luke uses the restraining bolt activator on 3PO when he learns R2 has run off). You later see a variation of that model driving through Mos Eisley when Luke and Ben get there.

On Naboo, the Gian Speeder could be done (a 4 seater, armored car that Padme plans the assualt on Theed over - when R2 projects the palace hologram).

Also, on Naboo, they had water speeders seen when the Gungan sub surfaces. I'd rather have the Gungan sub, but if Hasbro is even going to THINK about doing cheap, affordable vehicles, like the old Kenner mini-rigs, then they should at least make stuff from the movies!

On Coruscant, from AOTC, the air taxi would be great. With either a Dug passenger, or a Bothan taxi-cab driver from TPM's added scenes.

Other airspeeders like the ones seen behind Maul and Sidious on the balcony (from Bladerunner or Back to the Future II ?) would be cool as well!

Anyway, back to the voting. Obviously the question in BotM's is whether Zam's or Anakin's speeder can take on Luke's Landspeeder in the Quarterfinals. It's the obvious match so I hope I didn't spoil anyone's surprise there. (doubt it). But I'll also have a unique way to rank the speeders attached to that poll. So there will definitely be something new and fun to look forward to.

JediTricks, while I voted for Zam's because I like the crash feature better myself, you make me second guess myself as you made a great case for Anakin's speeder. Hmmmm. Food for thought. But I really remember how much I was impressed with the E2 speeders when I really didn't think I'd like them that much!

Woah! Good toys!

I think that Zam's speeder is better as it looks like the jaws of a killer fish. It just looks more intimidating, faster and more stylish. Anakin's speeder reminds me of my grandmother's old 70's cadalac with the front cot off.
    Magic-Middle

Originally posted by Tycho
    JediTricks, while I voted for Zam's because I like the crash feature better myself, you make me second guess myself as you made a great case for Anakin's speeder. Hmmmm. Food for thought. But I really remember how much I was impressed with the E2 speeders when I really didn't think I'd like them that much!
    Well, as mod, you can always change your vote.

Remember gang, you are voting on the toys, not on the movie props.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I voted for Zam's because it looks better. I have both but neither are opened just yet. They are birthday presents. Zam's speed just has a more unique look to it.