View Poll Results: The SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Round 1 - Fight Sixteen!!!

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anakin's speeder survives!

49 32.24%
  • Zam's speeder is right on target!

103 67.76%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Don't getta me wrongo, I must say that I voted for Ani's speeder, but not without some quick thought. The first thing that came to mind is the fact that Zam just doesn't fit in hers, aside from the fact that the cockpit door is on the side in the film. Maybe fine for the kids that will actually play with it, but mine's gonna sit on a shelf diorama-style. I also don't like how the tail fins just DON'T bend back straight if they're a little bent in the original packaging.
    I haven't tried to get Obi/Ani in the other one yet, but if you think about it, how long were they BOTH actually in it together in the movie anyway? Therefore it should easily seat ONE figure.
    (Not to mention that it isn't really Anakin's, but stolen off the lot... let's just hope it was either compensated for by the noble jedi, or was well insured!!)
    Would've been nice to see more of Zam in the future though!
    kyoto, kyoto, kyotay

Well I wanted to see the movie before I voted on this one. This was a hard one, but I voted for Zam's speeder because it was truer to the movie. Anakin's speeder didn't crash, so even though I think the "crash and bash" looks better on Anakin's Zam's is the only one this should have been on. As for getting figures in either speeder, I could get one of my Zams in there but not well. And so far none of the Obi-Wan or Anakin figures will work.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

If you folks can't get Obi-Wan or Ani HD or even Ani OPD to fit in your speeder, you might doing something wrong. The figures aren't supposed to get their knees under the dashboard, only their feet. I have NO trouble getting any 1 of those 3 figures into either seat on this vehicle, and the only problems I have getting both an Ani and an Obi-Wan figure in at the same time are the arms (and that's really just for accuracy's sake, I could easily have a figure hold his arm up in the air to compensate).

If this is the criteria for the poor vote results on this vehicle, then I think the voters may need to go do a little research on the matter and reconsider their votes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Either way, the winning speeder in this round is going agaist Luke's landspeeder - a time tested perfect vehicle since 1978, retooled for better details today.

With the issues the new speeders are bringing up, I don't think they'll have a chance against Luke's, JT.

I'm all into Zam's, but the more I think about what people have posted here, including you JT, the more I see wrong with the new speeders. Except the crash features are seriously taking toy gimmicks in the right direction for vehicles! You can't argue that. Nice job Hasbro! That's why I liked Zam's - half crashed or Totalled!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

We'll see if the crash features withstand the test of time, I don't think that rubber will survive 6 months of light play.

As for Luke's landspeeder, I'd definitely have to think twice because that one is no picnic either - so I think it'll be an interesting match up.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Anakin's Speeder for me.
    I'd like a little more width (as JT highlighted the "arm issue"), but I can deal with that much more than putting the Zam figure in her speeder. In that respect, maybe my vote is tainted by the job Hasbro did on the Saga Zam. Oh well, they should have made them compatible.

Zam's, I think, is the better homage to a muscle car, something we all know George loves.

Add some fiberglass around the curves, put in an engine and wheels, and you have a Corvette Stingray.

Anakin's has yet to grip me in any way as far as design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cvstgry.jpg  

Isn't it interesting how we see things differently? I saw the connection to the old roadsters of the 40s and 50s with Ani's speeder the first time I saw the design on SW.com, but with Zam's speeder, it took me a while to even make a connection to an automobile. When I did, I thought it looked more like one of those modern cars trying to recapture the feel of the '60s/'70s 2-door luxury/sports sedan.

I forgot to put my answer in and my vote well the one I wanted to win won anyway.
    "Eat My Shorts"-Bart Simpson
    "I SEE YOU''-Sauron the Dark Lord
    -Maul- l_l