Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similarities to ESB

There was some serious paralleling to ESB going on in ATOC.

Half way through ani leaves what he should be doing as a jedi to go to another planet and save someone he cares about. (even a family member). This is due to force visions

Half way through Luke leaves what he sould be doing as a Jedi to go to another planet and save someone he cares about. (even a family member - though he doesn't know it yet.) this is due to force visions.

They both get their hands (arms - right one) cut off.

The bad guys win (everything is going according to Sidious' plan. and lots of Jedi are dead.)

The love story between Ani and Padme
    The love story between Han and Leia

the asteroid battle between slave 1 and the hero
    The asteroid battle between slave 1 and the heroes (falcon)

They both hide, powered down on the side of something to avoid detection.

the last scene - Luke is there with Leia with his new mechanical hand. With them is 3p0 and r2. 3p0 puts his hand on r2's head.

The last scene - ani is there with Amidala with his new mechanical hand. With them is 3p0 and r2. 3p0 puts his hand on r2's head.

there are other parallels (to other movies) most between Amidala/Leia and Ani/luke.
    Ani *****ing about being held back in the lars garage.
    Luke *****ing (to 3p0) about being held back in the Lars garage.

Amidala's white outfit was seriously reminicent of Leia
    Charles Barkley:
    That's cold Obi-Wan

I noticed a lot of those things too. I loved the film. I really liked all the "Quiet" stretches that let the story happen!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    I really liked all the "Quiet" stretches that let the story happen!
    Me too!
    Several reviews claimed the first hour or so was boring, but the ending is all Star Wars. Well, I'm the opposite in that I loved the slowed done scenes, I like watching the characters in those "quiet" moments as well as the chaotic battle sequences too.

Another similarity to ESB is the:
    "Join me Obi-Wan and together we can destroy the Sith"
    "I'll never join you, Dooku."

I too liked the "quite" moments and calm sequences, but the action was cool also.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Big similarity to ANH. When Anakin hugs Amidala, and walks to his speeder, it is set to the same exact musical score as when Luke is staring at the twin suns setting.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

Something no one mentioned yet: Boba Fett saw Obi-Wan drop his cargo to throw off the sensor on the missle. That must be how he knew once the Falcon went off the sensor that Han would be thinking a similar plan.
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

Its not ESB but the duel between Anakin and Dooku reminded me of the final Duel between Luke and Vader in ROTJ.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Originally posted by Dar' Argol
    Its not ESB but the duel between Anakin and Dooku reminded me of the final Duel between Luke and Vader in ROTJ.
    you thought this, well it really reminded me of the battle between Luke and Vader in Cloud City, the way they fought in the shadows and with the blue and red lightsabers.

but, one thing people haven't mentioned yet is how similar Kamino is to Cloud City. the hallways look the same, the outside of the buildings look the same. the landing platform is raised above the water like the platforms on Cloud City is raised in the air.
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

If you watch the film closely --- when Padme awakes in the sand, it kinda seems that she was awoken by a "message" from Anakin. Notice how she suddenly knows exactly where he is . . .

Is this perhaps more clearly applied in the novel?

I think all the similarities is what made it such a great movie. This is the thing that EPI was lacking.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."