Has Anyone Cut Open the Robes of EP1 Jedi??

I'm talking Plo Koon and Saesee Tin. Is it possible to slice them down the middle, or will it look horrible? I'm also thinking of gluing lightsaber hilts since none of the council fight in TPM.

I cut the robes on mine and look 100% better.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

Originally posted by Dryanta
    I cut the robes on mine and look 100% better.
    Can you quickly describe how you did it?

I also did this, it works better for Plo Koon than Saesee Tiin, since Saesee's robe is sculpted like it's folded slightly over at the bottom.

I simply took a hobby knife (exacto-style) and cut from the top of the seam in the "middle" of the robes (where the 2 sides of the robes meet) and slowly slid the blade down. It wasn't hard to follow the slight curves each one had (until the bottom on Saesee's).

Here's how Plo looks with his robe open: http://www.geocities.com/jeditricks/plo-maul
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks JT.That's how I did it too.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

I cut mine open as well. I used a razor blade. I did end up trimming a little excess plastic off of the "overlap" points so that they didn't have the pointy part on it.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I'm planning to do the same with mine when I get to do the dioramas for AOTC. Anybody got pics of Saesee Tiin with the robes cut open?
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster