Thread: Troy Denning

Hybrid View

Post Troy Denning

I receive the current issue of SW Insider today. There was an article on the author of NJO - Star By Star. He also wrote several other books for West End Games. One in particular is Scoundrel's Luck. It is one of those choose-your-own-adventure books. Does anyone have a copy of this or know if you can still get it from West End?

One of the subjects is Han's escape from the Bounty Hunter at Ord Mantell. Are there any other publications that give insight to this part of SW history?

I'm also looking for info on Derra IV(?). It was mentioned in Wedge's Gamble. Thanks all!
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Lightbulb

I believe some issues of the Marvel SW series detailed Han's tangle with Skorr, the Ord Mandell bounty hunter. I forget which numbers, though. Can't help with the other two, as I don't read West End stuff, nor do I recall details from Wedge's Gamble.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I think the 'Escape From Ord mandell" is the most conflicted EU story ever. it has been told several times by several authors and each one tells it a little different. if you are to believe it, Skorr, Boba Fett, Boskk, Dengar and Zuckuss were all in on it. That stretches credibility (yeah, even in a make believe universe!) given the EU history of all those characters. I wish somebody would jettison all the stories written about that incident and start fresh, but explain the other variations on the story away at the same time. Like "...By the time the story had gotten back to Han, he had escaped 5 bounty hunters in one day, including the notorious Boba Fett, and a garrison of Stormtroopers to boot!!" Something like that.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Derra IV was orginally mentioned in the radio adaptations. It was the sight of an Imperial ambush of a rebel convoy where a bunch of the top X-Wing pilots lost their lives, including Wedge and Lukes squadron leader. it was because of the incident at Derra VI that Luke was promoted to Commander and given control of his own squadron, which he promptly named "Rogue Squadron" so, in essence, Derra VI was the birthplace of Rogue Squadron.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Thumbs up Did a little more research!

After I posted the other night, I decided to have a closer look at some of the material I have.

As far as Derra IV, the 2nd Edition of the SW Guide to the Universe pretty much said what you said EP.

The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons said that the events at Ord Mantell involved the 4 bounty hunters. The SW Guide to the Universe said 2. Guess that means the events aren't that clear.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!