Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question I got freeze frame Weequay! Here's the badnews..

The badnews is it's Canadian, but hey, I'll take what I can get. I wouldn't part with it, but am curious to learn if anyone has one out there, or know if it's worth as much as the 'American' version. Thanks.

Not even Close !!!!!!!

I too have the Canadian Weequay.

It is currently going for $35-50 and the American is going for $440.

U.K.Boy.

I bought the US version for $399 and the Canadian for $40. The prices have dropped, so you should be able get the US for about $350 and the Caandian for 25.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

400 dollars for a toy? I just can't even conceive that possibility. I love my star wars figures, but I can't even bring myself to pay 15, let alone 400.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I don't see the point really... Variants are fun to have - when they don't cost an arm and a leg.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Ker-ching (sound of hitting the nail on the head, Well Kind of !).

My own thoughts of variations you share (as Yoda would say).

Still, if the variations hunters are busy looking for paint errors/items missing from packages etc, it leaves the properly finished figures for the rest of us.

Laters.

U.K.Boy.

Crazy variation/error collectors

Unfortunately U.K BOY us variation/error collectors also collect the properly carded figures. Which of course the FF Weequay is one.

Some of us are completests and are willing to pay to get anything and everything different. It is boring waiting for Hasbro to release new figures, so we fill up our time and keep our love of SW figures alive by hunting the variations and errors. Since none of you all care about the errors/variations, please if you find any can you email one of us crazies. I am sure that we will make it worth your while.

Thanks,

Matthew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ben sslt **.gif 
Views:	52 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	1836  

Is the Freeze Frame Weequay in fact a variation?

YES...and NO!

Since he was offered on a regular green card (with or without holo) many collectors would say yes.

However, most completists collect MAJOR variations, ie. Orange Cards, Green Cards, Freeze Frames, etc. as SETS.

It really all depends on your point of view.

I personally do not consider him a variation. I collect in sets, for the most part, and consider the Freeze Frame set to be all 56 figs!

I also have the easier to find Canadian Freeze Frame Weequay in my COMPLETE Freeze Frame set.

I cannot justify spending $300.00+ for a 3.75 inch plastic toy. The day that I do is the day that I win a MAJOR lottery, or the day I need professional help.

BTW, the new line has destroyed my completist ways. Too much GARBAGE in the new line to be worth while, like EP1 Deluxe garbage. It is an insult to collectors and kids alike.
    May the force be with you.

FF Weequay is a properly carded figure, it is NOT a variation or error. He is way too expensive and stupid Hasbro is to blame for that.

Yeah I know you also collect the "standard" figures also.

Feel free to email me a list of any Variations/errors you are looking for.I will see what I can do or if I have any already.You never know about your own collection as different people are looking for different things.

U.K.Boy.