Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why didn't Obi-Wan try to calm the Acklay?

Like Anakin did the Reek.

Can only Anakin do it?

The Reek is a naturally docile creature, not even a carnivore according to the visual dictionary. The Geonosians starved it and forced it to eat meat. That's most likely why Anakin could calm it some. The acklay seems to be a very agressive beastie, so I don't think Obi-Wan would have had much chance to calm it, without it ripping him to shreads first.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I can't wait to the Acklay toy comes out, it was my favorite Arena Beasty.

That thing was nasty looking with all those claws!!! I LOVED the Acklay. The Nexu was pretty cool. I can't wait to get that as a deluxe figure. Too bad he doesn't come with a better Padme Pack-in figure.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Yeah, I want the Nexu too, it's electronic, hopefully it'll sound the same way it does in the film.

I loved the Nexu, anyone else do Crow T. Robot from MST3K when it walked out and say "Kitty" out loud. I was scared someone in the theater heard me.

I noticed that unlike originally reported, Obi-Wan did indeed slash the stomach of the Acklay in the movie, but of course you don't see the guts spill out like the toy has.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    The Reek is a naturally docile creature, not even a carnivore according to the visual dictionary. The Geonosians starved it and forced it to eat meat. That's most likely why Anakin could calm it some. The acklay seems to be a very agressive beastie, so I don't think Obi-Wan would have had much chance to calm it, without it ripping him to shreads first.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Yeah, the Reek seemed a little miffed, but if the Arena door had been open I got the feeling he would rather have just left instead of attacking.

Whereas the Acklay just plain seemed ****Y! He was very ready to tear Obi Wan a new one.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    That thing was nasty looking with all those claws!!! I LOVED the Acklay. The Nexu was pretty cool. I can't wait to get that as a deluxe figure. Too bad he doesn't come with a better Padme Pack-in figure.
    I feel the exact same way! When I first heard it was going to be a deluxe figure, I thought what a great opportunity to get a better Padme. Oh well .

In regards to the initial question in this topic: I thought that Obi Wan was just trying to keep from being killed by the gigantic angry bug.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Talking who liked the fight between obi-wan and the aklay?

that was very cool. i love at the end when obi slices off the front two legs, it falls down, he hits it in the side the holds his saber high and kills him! i also loved the way his hair was when he was going for the final blow...cool look!

as always,
    HF
    Sampsonite! i was way off!