Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Spoiler on Jar Jar

I don't know if anyone else found this, I hadn't seen this discussed yet.

On the back of the card for the AOTC Jar Jar figure, it says that Jar Jar is manipulated and he is the senator that starts the motion to give Palpatine absolute power.

Thanks to SirSteve for the picture and info.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jar jar text.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	1246  
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Yeah, there was a little discussion about it in the spoiler section, as well as the AOTC's figure section when carded back photos first surfaced. See, everyone that said that seeing the figures and cards before the movie came out didn't reveal spoilers were mistaken, from a certain point of view. Actually, that is a pretty big spoiler for Hasbro to slap on the back of a card like that.

Makes me wonder what it says on the Zam Wesell figure with snap on clawdite face and removable arm. "Zam Wesell attempting to sneak up behind Obi-Wan in the Coruscant Nightclub looses her arm to his lightsaber. Later after she is killed by a mysterious assassin, she reverts to her original state, a strange alien called a clawdite."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well they picked the perfect clown to screw things up. I think that's why he was chosen to be a senator. It was planned.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

The full chain to Jar Jar's involvement is as follows:

After the hologram of Obi-Wan has faded, Bail Organa is the first to raise his voice. “The Commerce Guilds are preparing for war...there can be no doubt of that.”
    There is a somber atmosphere. Palpatine remarks that Count Dooku must have made a treaty with them.

The Jedi realize what has to be done. “We must stop them soon before they're fully ready,” says Mace Windu.

Senator Ask Aak tells them that the debate is over, they need that clone army now!

Bail disagrees that, unfortunately, the debate is not over. “The Senate will never be able to approve the use of that army before the seperatists attack.”

Mas Amedda, who had been silent up until now suddenly speaks up: “This is a crisis!” He proposes that if the Senate votes the Chancellor emergency powers, he could approve the use of the army in a minute.

But Palpatine quickly intervenes. “Please, please, I don't wish to have emergency powers”. He believes it to be too extreme a solution. “It's akin to a dictatorship”. He says they must rely on the Jedi. “Master Yoda, how many are available to go to Geonosis?”

Mace Windu and Yoda look at one another.

Yoda calculates the number of Jedi at their immediate disposal.”Two Hundred,.....less or more”.

Bail Organa is stunned and exclaims that, with all due respect, two hundred will be no match for hundreds of thousands of battle droids.

“Patience”, comes Mace Windu’s reply. He suggests they must wait for Obi-Wan to report back. “We don't know that Count Dooku has made a treaty with the Corporate Alliance, it's speculation.”

Senator Ask Aak believes they must prepare for the worst. “I'm going to propose a motion granting emergency powers to the Chancellor at the next session. We must not wait!”

At this Palpatine intervenes: “Out of the question, Senator! You and I are too closely aligned”. He says the issue will become partisan and debates will begin. The proposal must come from a neutral source.

“If only Senator Amidala were here”, muses Mas Amedda.

Suddenly Jar Jar steps forward from the back of the group. “Supreme Chancellor...my august colleagues, I would be proud to propose the motion in question”. He remarks that this is a grave situation, and he’s sure Senator Amidala, and the Queen of Naboo would agree.

Ask Aak rejoices at this. “Thank you, Representative Binks.”

Silence. Then Palpatine sighs deeply. “If called upon, I will serve. But it will be the saddest day of my life.”

It's a great scene, in my humble opinion.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Well, sorry for bringing it up again, but I just realized it now. I didn't remember seeing it in a thread, and I thought the Jar Jar pics were rather new. Oh well, you can close this if you need to.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    It's a great scene, in my humble opinion.
    I agree, cool scene. Really shows what a sneaky bastage Palpy is. He sure is good at manipulation, compared to the older Palpatine in ROTJ, he's now a much more intresting charecter. We finally get to see how well his scheming mind works in the prequels. All we did was hear him brag about it in ROTJ: "It was I that allowed the allience to know the location of the shield generator. It is quite safe from your pitiful little band. An entire legion of my best troops await them. I'm afraid the deflector shield, will be quite operational when your friends arrive. "

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Originally posted by Wolfwood319
    Well, sorry for bringing it up again, but I just realized it now. I didn't remember seeing it in a thread, and I thought the Jar Jar pics were rather new. Oh well, you can close this if you need to.
    Nah, don't be sorry...gives us another chance to talk about how great old Palpy is an manipulation. Besides the thread that talked about it slipped off the front page. Besides, you know most of us Star Wars fans, we can debate, discuss, and talk about the same stuff over and over again. Why ya think the movies are still alive after 25 years.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

And the sucker-punch is that Senator Amidala would have done the same as Jar Jar if she wasn't busy being tied up for execution. But the bashers win, and Jar Jar gets a hand in the crumbling Republic.

It's crazy the amount of manipulation, and Palpatine, like Anakin, has a very broad sense of what's to happen. Palpatine knows that Nute will enact revenge on Amidala, and that while the Senator is in hiding, he'd have the compassionate Gungan under his control. Heck, he even has Ask Aak under his thumb, the political comrade to Eidley Teem, the could-be Chancellor if Palpatine hadn't sabotaged the whole Senate.

You've got to love how evil this man is.

the thread that talked about it slipped off the front page
    It was on page 7.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    You've got to love how evil this man is.
    Of course you do, the man is good at what he does. I'm still thinking that Palpatine could be a clone of Sidious, but I will just speak of them as the same person in this post, cause it's easier. Besides, if he is a clone, he is pretty much the same person.

Now, if it really is true that he's also really the mastermind behind Shmi's death, then the man is definatly a great manipulator. Especially if you look at the last chapter of the novel for E1 where Sidious is looking out over Coruscant from the balcony and he smiles, even though Maul is dead.

Maul didn't matter, he probably figured that he was going to die anyway. He got what he wanted, so who cares who suffers or dies, as long as the goal is reached. Besides, Qui-Gon's death allowed him to get to Dooku, and he would have had to kill off Maul anyone, to meet the rule of two.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Good points everyone, further reasons why I think it would be foolish to have Palps turn out to be a clone. All of this manipulation should directly reflect back on the Emperor in ROTJ

Binksy, nice speculation on the Zam card But I would add to it, ". . .mysterious assassin named Jango Fett . . ."