Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"

Latest Hot Toy Lines

Did you ever notice how all the latest hot new toy lines seem to come from Japan? Does the United States even know how to come with our own cool toys anymore??

Transformers, Robotech, Macross, Gundam, Power Rangers, Pokemon, Digimon, Cardcaptors, etc... the list goes on and on.

All the U.S. can do is make toys from other popular mediums like Star Wars (adapted from films) or Super Hero figures (adapted from comics) When was the last time the U.S. had a truly cool new toy idea? G.I. Joe? He-Man? It's been awhile...we seem satisfied to simply sit back and watch to see what Japan will force on us next...
    Last edited by Eternal Padawan; 09-14-2001 at 01:29 AM.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Re: Latest Hot Toy Lines

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Did you ever notice how all the latest hot new toy lines seem to come from Japan? Does the United States even know how to come with our own cool toys anymore??

Transformers, Robotech, Macross, Gundam, Power Rangers, Pokemon, Digimon, Cardcaptors, etc... the list goes on and on.

All the U.S. can do is make toys from other popular mediums like Star Wars (adapted from films) or Super Hero figures (adapted from comics) When was the last time the U.S. had a truly cool new toy idea? G.I. Joe? He-Man? It's been awhile...we seem satisfied to simply sit back and watch to see what Japan will force on us next...
    I guess the US don't know what kids want?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I think it boils down to laziness on the part of American toy companies. Why spend all that money on research and development when you can just import the latest hot toy from another country? It saves them a ton of money, since they don't have to think up the stuff themselves, thus maximizing profits.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis