Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Build it

Originally posted by Lobito
    I think after all the rubble is cleaned and after they found the terrorists.
    I don't think they'll find the terrorists for awhile since they'll be in hiding!

A giant fountain such as that of geneva, a symbol of peace for many years would be a fitting tribute. water symbolises life and a fountain is always alive, always flowing upwards and onwards. It is a potent image of strength, beauty and serenity.
    And what happens to the watere next? It comes crashing down to be reused again
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

If they do decide to rebuild them they should at least build them smaller.

If they rebuilt it do you think that people that worked in the first twin buildings would ever work there again? They could be scared that it might happen again!!!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Originally posted by GNT
    If they rebuilt it do you think that people that worked in the first twin buildings would ever work there again? They could be scared that it might happen again!!!
    Which is exactly what the terrorists want, and which is exactly why they should and will rebuild on that spot and people will move back into the rebuilt towers. jargo called it "desecration" Americans won't and don't see it that way. Not rebuilding is our way of admitting defeat. Leveling the area and turning it into a "Memorial park with a nice little fountain" would be our way of saying "You win terrorists." Well, we won't say that. You must understand the mentality of Americans. We will get back at these bastards symbolically by building these towers back up bigger and better than ever.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Right On EP. Hypothetically Jargo and GNT, If someone toppled Big Ben or the Sydney Opera House, would you want them to rebuild a Bigger Ben or a better Opera House, or would you want a fountain to remind everybody that someone had gotten the better of you as a country and a people. Those towers NEED to go back up in one form or another...

Of course I'd want the buildings rebuilt. All I'm expressing is my opinion that a grave should not be built on directly. As to the fountain, I'm not suggesting for one minute that it replace the towers or that a cruddy garden be built. I'm suggesting a rebuild of the towers in defiance and a symbol of memorial.
    The site is not going to be usable for a long time to come. the whole area is structurally damaged.
    would you want a fountain to remind everybody that someone had gotten the better of you as a country and a people.
    If pride is your concern then you are sadly missing the point and I can see no point in my continuing to converse with you.

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    Right On EP. Hypothetically Jargo and GNT, If someone toppled Big Ben or the Sydney Opera House, would you want them to rebuild a Bigger Ben or a better Opera House, or would you want a fountain to remind everybody that someone had gotten the better of you as a country and a people. Those towers NEED to go back up in one form or another...
    True, I would like if destroyed I'd like to see a new one as long as a sign of the people who died in it were posted so thatthey could be remembered I'd be happy

But what happens after they built it up again and another plane goes into it (hopefully not) and destroys it again,again and again,Do you just keep on building,where do mark the end?
    GNT
    ''

Fool me once shame on you.Fool me twice shame on me. Thats why they should seek out all of these groups and completely destory them.So that people no matter where they live can live free and safe.Yes rebuild.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Originally posted by Obi-Don
    Fool me once shame on you.Fool me twice shame on me. Thats why they should seek out all of these groups and completely destory them.
    Would that make you better than them?
    GNT
    ''

Since JT posted about this thread I figured I'd write a reply about what I heard.

I was watching MSNBC not too long ago and they were talking about the rebuilding of the towers and I do believe they said that it was confirmed it just wasn't going to happen.

I think they said they will NOT be rebuilding the towers exactly like they were built before then because of fear. Fear that they'll be targets again and instead thinking of stuff like four 40 story buildings.

Well I think that is complete bull and they SHOULD rebuild. Are they gonna take apart the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building and just make multiple smaller duplicates of them for the area space so that they won't be possible future targets?

We're not supposed to be afraid and yet they won't rebuild them because of fear. Sounds more like a stunt so it won't cost studios money to digitally edit them back into the skylines of NY for movies if they were to re-release them to make the skyline "correct" again.

The reason why the towers collapsed like they did was because of rentovation flaw which I found out from watching a TLC special on why the towers collapsed. They said that they had put this stuff around the steel that I think was supposed to strengthen it or something like that, but the flaw was that it wasn't fully fire-retardent, it would withstand fire for a little while but then would melt away, which I think also heated the beams more than they would've causing the beams supporting the floors to fail sooner than they would have. The towers were designed to actually withstand a 747 crashing into it because of the plane that crashed into the Empire State Building. They weren't designed for stuff over 747 but I do believe they said that if that stuff hadn't been on the beams of the building then the collapses would've been different.

So, if they were to rebuild the towers, they could quite possibly try to make them withstand even a 777 with the stronger materials that are available.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"