Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    When there's a will there's a way. They could make a building able to withstand 10 747's but that would only mean that they would use 11. Not rebuilding will not prevent someone from trying to fly an airplane into a building. We can't cave to fear, that's not what this country is about.

Reading some of these post in this thread reminded me of an anti-violence example that someone told me after 9/11.

1. Find someone who's against a violent solution against the groups responsible for 9/11.

2. Punch that person in the face.

3. After they get up and come after you remind them that they are against violent retaliations so hitting you would be against their believes.

4. After they realize that they wouldn't be right to strike you hit them in the face again.

5. After they get up remind them again that it's against their belief to hit you back.

6. Now explain to them that there are times when the only way to stop getting hit is to hit back.

Remember all those airliner highjackings in the 80's funded and accomplished by Libyans. Remember how they stopped over night when Reagan sent in those F-111's to send a message. Message recieved.
    Last edited by Exhaust Port; 06-11-2002 at 09:18 PM.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Ya know it could've been ALOT worse... Think of all the skyscrapers throughout the U.S.. Just because they're not the tallest in America, doesn't mean they can be potential targets. 'Course EVERYTHING is pretty much a potential target, think if someone hijacked a plane and set it on course for a town, or even a city even without skyscrapers. Something more near the ground near MORE people would definitely cause alot of losses. Considering that near-to-the-ground buildings wouldn't be really built to withstand a plane crashing into them, so that would make it to where the destruction would get spread more as a plane could go through the buildings or parts could go flying into other buildings.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Man. Rereading this thread put images of the jets smacking onto the side of the towers and I get a stomach ache thinking about it all over again. I was in a media class that semester and the day after it happened, the professor had us prepare videos about the events in our own words. I put down all my thoughts and feelings on paper in order to use it as a voice over. Someday I'll put it up here for everyone to read. But not yet. Not yet.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I honestly think it should be rebuilt. As a testament to perserverance in the face of adversity, and as a memorial to those lost. There is also a world record held by the Petronas Towers that's just begging to be broken in my opinion. What better homw for the world's tallest building than the world's greatest country (an honor we've duly held many times in the past)? What better message to send to our enemies?

I don't think that they should be rebuilt at all. So many people lost their lives there and I think that the land should be turned into a memorial for those who lost their lives. If they were to rebuild the towers, I would have them rebuild in a different location. That would be the right thing to do.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I think new towers would be a fitting memorial.