Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question - where are the Pentagon pics of impact?

While I loathe seeing the same damned footage of planes smashing into the WTC buildings and people jumping out of windows and people fleeing in terror as dust clouds cover them in pitch blackness over and over and over (MSNBC being the worst of the lot for me, every time I turned that channel on for news the first 2 days they'd be showing their "exclusive footage" of the 2nd jet plunging into the WTC from the angle of impact -- a gruesome scene), I am wondering where the footage of the Pentagon being hit is, or even pics of the 757 circling before impact which was reported as pointed at by Secret Service men on the lawn of the White House.

I mean, it took less than 24 hours for media sources to find footage of the first plane smashing into the WTC (something which, before I had seen it, I thought we'd most likely never get a look at and media outlets would simply show stupid computer recreations of that first impact), but no footage has surfaced from Washington DC from before to during the impact, just pictures after the terrible hit. I don't really want to see more images of the carnage, but were there really no videos or snapshots of the attack on the Pentagon or is the government keeping those locked down for some particular reason (possibly for intelligence or investigative reasons)?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Considering how many tourists visit DC everyday, you'd think someone would have at least taken a picture of the plane before it crashed.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'd think anything from a security camera would be classified, and the Pentagon is just far enough outside Washington that tourists usually haven't bothered going over there. (You've got the White House, Capitol, Library of Congress, the Smithsonian, and countless monuments in one place, or the Pentagon across the river--a lot of people don't make it over there.)

As for the first WTC tower, I got the impression from the bit at the beginning of the tape and the professional manner in which the camera followed the plane that it was a local station doing coverage on some sort of street repair.

Just two bits of speculation on my part.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Its very unlikely that we will ever see footage of the plane that crashed in the pentagon, while D.C. has their share of tourists, it would never be like the big apple. Now if there is a video, it would be a camera of the U.S. government and i dont think they will share that with the media.
    As always...........L

I read in the paper that some of the professional pics of the second crash in Tower 2 were shot by the producers of the PAX show "Doc" They were in NYC for location shots.

After the first incident was noted in Tower 1, many eyes were alerted to the WTC and therefore many did catch the 2nd crash on film. I'd imagine it was planned that way, wanting to capture the atrocity on film to give the most impact of the terrorist act.

In the case of the Pentagon, it is perhaps as has been stated, official film has been held back for now, but it's also possible that there just wasn't anyone taking photos at that crucial moment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	91101.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	81  
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

Theres probably footage out there somewhere, someone had to be filming it that day, If there was its probably being held. r2dee2, I like you picture
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

GNT...yes I like that pic too. I don't know who did it, but it's been going around the net and seemed to capture the sentiment.

It's just surprising to me that if there were Pentagon pics, that they haven't surfaced yet. All the pics of the Towers were immediately shown, the Pentagon should be no different. I guess time will tell.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

A thought occured to me while I was watching all the different shots of the Tragedy at the WTC. That the terrorists knew it was going to happen and had people wating with video cameras all over the city waiting to film it at different angles for some kind of sick kick and bragging rights or something...and then turning the footage over to the different news stations. Did anybody else think of this possibility?

UPDATE: On the news I saw, I saw part of the Pentagon fall down, no plane(...that I saw) but at least its different

Probably taken after the impact,I'll pay more attention next time
    Last edited by GNT; 09-16-2001 at 06:10 AM.
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I've visited Washington DC a couple times, and have been to the pentagon. Our Tourist guide told us there are secruity cameras facing all 5 sides of the building 24hours a day, there's gotta be footage, i just think they are keeping it so you cant see into the higher security rings of the pentagon