Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by bigbarada
    ...It affects me in everything I do now, but what really angers me is the people who don't seem to care. The ones who get mad at the radio for covering this instead of playing their favorite song. Or my Battalion Sergeant Major saying how ****$ed-off he was that they cancelled football this weekend.

I, too, get the feeling I care more than alot of people:

Wednesday at school, one of my professors was taking roll and the University Newspaper had sent one of the kids in our class to New York and the teacher says "I hope he doesn't hijack a plane." I lost a lot of respect for him that day.

On a website I go to frequently, one of the writers commented on how the terrorists "Were critiquing the architecture harshly" I stopped going to that website.

At work we were watching the News Saturday night, and one of my managers came in asked what was so interesting on the television "What, did another building collapse?" We said that wasn't very nice and he complained about being desensitized to it all. I don't like him very much anymore.

The day it happened, the theatre I work at and the mall it's in closed and these high school girls who work there were "Cool! No work today!" I wanted to slap them and tell them I would work non stop for the next five years if it would have prevented this from happening.

Another kid at my job came up to me on Friday and said "I've got a cool idea for a movie based on what happened." I had to walk away from him in order not to punch him and lose my job.

But the worst one of all...My sister was telling me about the jocks at her high school who were making jokes when the planes hit the buildings and again when those people were jumping to their deaths. It's a 90 minute drive back to my parents home town and I wanted to go get in my car right then and there and find those little GONKS! and beat the living GONK! out of them. I strated crying I was so upset when she told me that....

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    Another kid at my job came up to me on Friday and said "I've got a cool idea for a movie based on what happened." I had to walk away from him in order not to punch him and lose my job.

Did you hear about the guy who kicked a scalper (?) for making a STUPID "joke" at a store near him invoving an A-Wing? If I was him I would have bashed the guy until he was dead for making a joke like that!!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

If they do make a movie out of what happened I sure hope it's not a 3 hour piece of **** like Pearl Harbor.

I'm sure there will be a movie. I just pray Hollywood has enough sense to wait at least a decade.

Rollo, bigbarada, I know where you're coming from. I wanted to severely injure several people at work who watched the people jumping as if it were entertainment, and some who have passed e-mail jokes about it since. I was about to strangle the mother of a small kid I overheard yesterday talking about how cool it was, the people more concerned with the delay of travel plans, etc. And, though I don't have a problem with ending the 24 hour coverage, I wish the news didn't suddenly begin treating the victims as numbers.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I remember when I was in 7th grade, after the Challenger blew up, it wasn't a week later that there were jokes circulating around my school about Christa McAuliffe and the other astronauts. I learned at an early age how heartless people can be. I shudder to think of the jokes going around elementary schools right now about the WTC tragedy.