Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Idea for JediMaster Points

Okay Hasbro,here is my little idea for your Jedi Master Points.

Once a collector has so many points,they can
    exchange them for Hasbro product discounts of $1 to $5 depending on how many points are cashed in.With a company
    as large and vast as yours,I'm sure it would be no problem to have this discount extend into Canda,Europe and the U.S.

Does anyone else think this is a fairly good idea?
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Hasbro should bring back the freebie offers like Kenner had in the 70's & 80's. IE> X amount of Jedi points nets you a free Clonetrooper for your army!!!

Hasbro needs to do something with them. However, you can bet that whatever offer they are tied to will also have the requisite of supplying a reciept for the figures within a certain timeframe. Why bother?

I wish that Hasbro would treat the jedipoints like they did the flagpoints for the gi joes in the 80's and 90's. You would get a catalog with each purchase that would have an assortment of surpluss or redecorated items that were available for purchase with a jedipoint/money combo. Then again, you can wish in one hand.....
    no smiley zone!

Hasbro needs to reimburse me for my time in saving and "warehousing" those lousy UPC's for several years.

Do yourselves a favor and throw those things in the trash, you'll feel liberated! I did!

Originally posted by Caesar
    Hasbro needs to reimburse me for my time in saving and "warehousing" those lousy UPC's for several years.

Do yourselves a favor and throw those things in the trash, you'll feel liberated! I did!
    I had two bags full(Ziplock bags) and threw them away around Oct. to make room for a growing collection.My point to this thread is..Why does Hasbro waste ink on Jedi Master points when they arent using them.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

BB is right. With the passing years, so many people have hundreds upon hundreds of these things stashed away, so they could easily redeem them for a "prize" with literally no effort. I'm sure there would be a reciept tie in with it which would suck. But then again, there are probably more people who want to keep the cards intact and would go out to buy additional army builders or what have you just to have a "disposable" card.

So, here's an idea: The next "Midnight Madness," TRU in conjunction with Hasbro institute a deal wherein you bring your Jedi Master points either cut or still on the card to "present" (not to turn over), and whoever has the most gets to go into the store first. This would eliminate that overnight camping silliness. Those "true", "best," and "most loyal" collectors would be rewarded with first dibs as they would obviously have the most Jedi Points. And we get to keep the cards!

Maybe we could redeem them for free fan club membership.

We get to buy their fan club stuff.
    They get us to buy their fan club stuff and increase their membership.

Win/Win.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Lightbulb Points for Clones!!!

I read InsaneJediGirl's thread for Master Points and it inspired my idea that Hasbro should get back to basics like in the 70's and 80's--proof of purchase for figures!!! Those offers made collecting fun, something that is sorely missing from collecting Star Wars these days. I think 40 master points should equal a free Clonetrooper.
    (Clone fever has struck the country--even I feel like trying to build my own clone army.)Alot of collectors out there try to build armies, whether it be clones or stormtroopers or scouttroopers Hasbro should oblige and offer free troop builders for master points. After all, colllectors have spent alot of money to keep Hasbro solvent and it only costs them a buck or so to make a figure.
    We want clones, we want clones . . .
    C'mon join in--WE WANT CLONES!!!

Lightbulb Jedi Master Points

Just read that Hasbro is still trying to figure out what to do with these points, without losing money. Putting 2 and 2 together (along with all the gripes about the Jorg Sacul fig being exclusive) l've figured (no pun) that maybe they should set aside a few [in perhaps this and in future cases] and have us send in like 500 points with ten bucks to get these exclusives, that way they still remain somewhat exclusive, but not as difficult to get a hold of; and also with $10 for shipping/handling Hasbro can cover their costs.