Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3-Packs

Hybrid View

Unhappy 3-Packs

Will Hasbro ever package figures like Dr. Evazan seperately? I don't mind things like the Jabba's Dancers or Skiff Guard packs, which have all new figures, but just one figure isn't enough to convince me to buy it.
    "Queen Amidala is young and naive."

I like the idea of the cinema scenes I thought they were cool and interetsing but I agree the characters need to be re-scuplted and repackaged. Dr. Evazan was interesting in the pose but I would like to see a version of him just standing at the bar with Ponda about to start some action with luke.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

3 packs were great when you got 3 new figures in 1 box, but when they stared making jar jar wiht sebulba and another anakin and stuff like that it got lame. We already had lots of those figures. We want new stuff not rehashed garbage with a 1 pose limit. good examples would be, Skiff guards, Cantina Aliens, Jedi spirits, Rebel Pilots(army builder), and even wattos box minus watto, should ahad the midget or something.

The cinema scenes were a great way to get figures that collectors wanted, without creating a lot of pegwarmers. Could you imagine jedi spirit yoda on a card? Apparently, Hasbro couldn't make enough money with them though, and I believe a spokesman had stated last year that they had no plans to make them again.

And the cinema scenes weren't pegwarmers? Packaging one new character with two we already have meant they just sat on shelves. I certainly wasn't going to pay three times the price just to get one character I actually wanted. carded figures would sell much better than cinema scenes. Odd characters like Beru sold really well and I'd hardly call her a major character. Graxol Kelvyyn would sell because he's an alien and he's different. If the carded a version of him without the extendobody and made him without the extra height and with legs instead of the salt shaker body. I'd certainly buy a couple of him for my senate set up. He was just way too big and he packed with crap figures. Spirit of yoda wouldn't sell no but then who wants a spirit of yoda with no articulation? Spirit of Anakin with no articulation. Spirit of ben that looks like he's playng on his playstation but without articulation. Those are crap figures. Evazan would sell if they resculpted him without the silly wide leg stance and got his ugly mush right instead of basing it on the damn comics version. Alfie Curtis would surely give his permission if they were going to do it right. Is this one more legal thing like the Tonnika sisters issue? Even a new Dr. Evazan with a better face if it couldn't be the real face would be a vast improvement. They didn't even get the costume right.
    Last edited by Jargo; 05-19-2002 at 01:47 PM.

About the pegwarmers issue:
    When I got the Spirits and Cantina boxes, there were about 5 left. When I returned to the same store, there were 5 left.

At one Kay-Bee, they've had the same 5 Princess Leia in Ewok Celebration Gown for 3 years. It's been marked down to $1.97 since 2000, yet hasn't sold one figure.

I know a store that bought tons of cinema scenes on reduction because the larger stores cleared out. This one store is a comics and collectibles store and is snowed under with cinema scenes. The stockroom is piled high. They just don't sell because the figure selections are bad. and the sculpts are bad on at least two of the figures or the figures are ones we already had several times over. Sale of the droids should have had a better Uncle Owen for a start and instead of Luke there should have been a droid we didn't already have like CZ-1 the white goofy faced protocol droid or RA-7 the silver death star droid. maybe a treadwell droid. But something new not old rope. Threepio represented the core character was there a need to pack Luke in too? No.
    If Cinema scenes are to be revived in any shape then they have to be made up of characters we don't have and not in scene specific poses so they can be used elsewhere by openers and diorama builders as well as looking good in the packages for boxed collectors. They don't need to be super posed to look good. They just need equal quality all round. The same attention to detail that goes into carded figures. No skimping and no cheap tricks. New characters and interesting characters. More cantina aliens packs. Jabba's palace packs. Rebels packs Imperial packs. That's what will sell not stupid items like Mos Espa encounter. There was one half decent figure in the Mos Espa pack and we got a new version of him later on anyway. So there was nothing really interesting there. No wonder it still pegwarms. I think I've made my point now.

I don't mind some important scenes like Final Duel in Episode 1 being done, but nobody wants to buy the Mos Espa pack. Who really needs Jar Jar and Anakin in slightly different poses, and Sebulba wasn't available as a single figure then, but if we wanted that one, we could buy the Sebulba pod racer. I liked it when they had three new figures, but when you're only getting it for one, I don't like it.

I agree!!! I want a new and accurate Dr. Evazan dammit! Remove Ponda from the new cantina set and chuck in this psycho of a doctor Hasbro! You know you want to!

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com

Some of the cinema scenes were ridiculously hard to find in Canada.
    The one ones I ever saw warming the pegs were the ep I sebulba conflict and desert fight.
    None of the rest stayed on the shelves.

I'm still looking for a watto's box at a decent price.
    Charles Barkley:
    That's cold Obi-Wan