Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dent!!

The Dent!!

Someone noted yesterday that Jango hits his head on the door when boarding Slave 1 after his battle with Obi-Wan, much in the same manner of the Stormtrooper in ANH. But unlike the latter, this appears to be done on purpose, possibly to explain the dent that Jango gets on his helmet. It just came to me like a bolt of lightning for no apparent reason. I noticed that they used the CGI Jango in that very scene and there was a definate clanging sound effect added in as well. I doubt the animators would make him do such a bonehead thing if there wasn't a reason behind it. Maybe they're beating the EU department to the punch. Did anyone else notice that?
    Nute Gunray: "Will you stop talking about the war!"
    Mr. Fawlty: "Me? You started it!"
    Nute Gunray: "We did not start it."
    Mr. Fawlty: "Yes you did, you invaded Naboo..."

His helmet is not dented by the door, but rather when he's trampled by the Reek.

And if I had just been battling with somebody, and had a helmet on, I'd probably get hit in the head by an automatic door as well. Jango was visibly fatigued.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

I think the ILMers were just trying to be funny...unsuccesfully!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

it did not hit him but it came close, the dent was made by the reek, so its there for about 9 seconds before it falls to the ground.

BUT-its in thr wrong spot. its to far back, and it is clearly a dent and not a blaster shot that is worn by the ever so great boba fett. someone get comparisson pics and prove me right!
    I dont want to sell you death sticks, i want to go home and rethink my life.

personally, i thought it was when Obi-Wan booted him in the head.

i think it was yet another easter egg inserted by Lucas and Co. uh oh, perhaps we should say that that stormy from ANH is one of the left over clones..... perhaps once they end their speedy growth, they go into a recession to remain in their pique physical form, so yes, i have decided they guy who bangs his head in ANH is directly related to the clones of AOTC. so ha
    "Two fighters against a Star Destroyer?" - Derek Klivian

Well I just watched the Jango commercial spot, and in the shot of him shooting his flame thrower (at Mace), the dent appears to already be there. Now that moment happened well before the encounter with the Reek, so I still believe my door theory.

And SQueek, I swear that door does hit him; right in the spot where the dent is coincidently enough. You can hear a rather audible "clang" when it happens, although I only heard it during my second viewing when I had a much better seat location. If you aren't paying close attention you could easily miss it.

JediIan is correct that it might just be an easter egg, as well as being a cute (and possibly last minute) way to explain where the dent came from.

I plan on seeing the movie a lot more, so I'll try to get to the bottom of this. Only Star Wars could bring forth such an odd topic of discussion.
    Nute Gunray: "Will you stop talking about the war!"
    Mr. Fawlty: "Me? You started it!"
    Nute Gunray: "We did not start it."
    Mr. Fawlty: "Yes you did, you invaded Naboo..."

You can see the dent before the fight is over. When Jango looks over the edge to see what happened to Obi-Wan, you can see it.

As far as the door on the Slave I, Boba got impatient and started closing it. Jango realises and ducks in.
    "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

The dent is there during the fight with Obi-wan on Kamino. I just double checked. And he does hit his head on the door, too.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

It is sort of a case of ignoring the originals, which Lucas sometimes does. Funny how Hasbro re-used the Fett helmet and gets the dent right, but the costume department didn't reference.

There's a good Geonosis Jango picture in the Choices video at dvd.starwars.com. It shows the dent in the right place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fett_compare.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	1852  
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.