Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I think it's funny that Jargo's mom would decorate their 'flat' in the harsh backlit blues and oranges from the Carbon Freeze chamber on Cloud Cit.....huh?...oh...

(never mind)
    Last edited by Rollo Tomassi; 09-20-2001 at 07:55 AM.

Actually each movie did have it's own strengths and weaknesses.

ANH: Had the best overall story and was the most imaginative of the trilogy. Also the most rousing sense of adventure and coolest ending; but the infantile SP/FX technology and all the rubber alien faces make it the least eye-pleasing.

ESB: Best acting and dialogue, excellent FX sequences (Asteroid chase, Hoth Battle) and most jarring story developments. However the production design seemed a little lacking, for instance the cheap looking pre-SE Bespin sets and the dated costume designs.

ROTJ: Best production values by far, with the coolest looking new characters (Jabba and his thugs, Biker Scouts, Royal Guards, the Emperor, Mon Calamari) and ships (Sail Barge, skiff, Imperial Shuttle, TIE Interceptor, B-Wing, A-Wing, Speeder Bike) and perfected FX; but the story is lacking and the acting is routine. It seems GL's first movie outside of studio intervention has set a precedence for all future SW films.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    * I'm lying through my teeth here. think anyone noticed...? *
    I don't think anyone noticed move along,move along!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

For me is was ANH that got me started.I have been hooked on Star Wars from that point.The others are good and I have my own likes and dislikes on all three,but ANH is the best.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Talking That's what I call a toughie!!

But, I think I'll go with the Return of The Jedi. Here are my reasons why:

Well, first of all, the DEBUT of the Scout Troopers! Probably my favourite Imperial Troopers, the Scout Troopers make their EXPLOSIVE (hehe ) Debut. Second, the AWESOME and very important Jabba's Place Scenes. These scenes, I believe, shape the all the characters significantly, including Lukes new Bad ***** Jedi Attitude. The scene where the emporer arrives in the Death Star II is just a real piece of eye candy ( All those Stormtroopers...... ). While the final battle is a little weak (Ewoks and Rebels vs Empire) the DUEL between Vader and Luke (With the empire keeps his observant eyes on them) is fantastic, as Vader makes a great emotional change, and is freed of the Chains which hold him (The Dark Side) to his Hatred. Last but not least, the Final cellebration is very cool, no matter what anyone says, and the scene with Annikan, Yoda, and Obi Wan in spirit forms is just Priceless. Overall, I think this movie deserves the title of best Trilogy movie.

Well, that's all folks
    [COLOR=blue][b]"There is another..."[/b][/COLOR]

ROTJ was my favorite also, before I became a fanantical SW fan; but I kind of yearn for those simpler days when a well crafted story and good acting were secondary to cool eye candy. Now I tend to think things through too much and it kind of ruins the fun of it all.

I agree, Tatooine Rebel, about the monumental Vader moment. It was that instant when I became a Darth Vader fan for life. Before his turn he was just a 2D villian; but after he sacrificed himself to save his son he became a hero who just took one massive wrong turn somewhere.

Plus ROTJ had the coolest toys at the time!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

ROTJ. Great music, cool aliens and the fat one himself! Jabba the Hutt. Hes my favorite character throughout the trilogy. Plus I really like the SE ending...it was just so cool to see Coruscant for the first time.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

For me, Ep. 4. Not because of great acting, effects, etc., but just because it is the first movie I ever truly loved, and I'll always remember sitting in the car at the drive-in, eyes glued to the screen.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Originally posted by Starfig873
    ROTJ. Great music, cool aliens and the fat one himself! Jabba the Hutt. Hes my favorite character throughout the trilogy. Plus I really like the SE ending...it was just so cool to see Coruscant for the first time.
    I thought the SE ending to ROTJ was awesome and much more moving than the original ending. I've heard people wonder why Coruscant was celebrating the Emperor's death. Of course, they're going to be celebrating, these people have been under the iron fist of the Empire most of their lives!

Actually, now that I remember, it was a Starlog reviewer who thought the citizens of Coruscant should be mad about Palpatine's death. Oh well, those Starlog guys are idiots anyway. (To put Star Wars as number 24 of the top sci-fi movies of all time was heresy!)

Originally posted by bigbarada

I thought the SE ending to ROTJ was awesome and much more moving than the original ending

To put Star Wars as number 24 of the top sci-fi movies of all time was heresy!
    24!!!!! What was all the Star Wars positions? I prefer the new SE ending cause we see Coruscant and that
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious