Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Favourite movie of the Trilogy???

Whats your favourite movie of the classic trilogy??

Mines is Empire Strikes Back, yep thats the best!!
    As always...........L

Lightbulb

I concur. Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back is the best of them. Why?

Best planet: Hoth
    Best vehicle: Snowspeeder
    Best costume: Luke's Bespin fatigues
    Best Vader lines
    Best lighting in a scene: Carbon freezing chamber
    Best Yoda lines

Can't top that!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I'll pick ESB, because of the humour the tragedy and the Hoth battle sequence. Plus it had the least objectionable SE additions IMHO.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I like them all and I like them all for different reasons

ANH:

We meet the characters
    We see what its like on a cra**y sandy planet

ESB

Some very good scenes on Bespin
    Characters sound believeable
    The Bounty Hunters cometh.
    "I am your father"

ROTJ

We see jabba The Hutt
    Final duel between Luke and Vader
    Emperor kinking saome *****
    Seeing other planets at the end
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Empire Strikes Back gets my vote.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

I gotta go with the original. It set the tone for everything to follow.

Thumbs up I've said it before, I'll say it again....

The Empire Strikes Back

B-CJ: What about the lighting in the Vader/Luke lightsaber duel? Just as good IMHO!

Thumbs up

When I was a kid, ROTJ was my favorite, but as I got older, ESB became my favorite. However, by the time the SEs came out, ANH was my favorite and I had finally sorted out the order:

- ANH is my favorite, I love it the most for what it is.

- ESB is IMO the best, it's just damned good at what it's showing you.

- ROTJ will always hold a special place in my heart for some great scenes, but for me, it's a lot harder to ignore its failings now adays.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

ROTJ was the greatest movie ever to me when I was a kid. Now I understand I liked it mainly for it's production values. Which were the best of the OT. But now that TPM is the prettiest of the movies, I have a hard time finding a lot of good to say about ROTJ.

I'll always love Star Wars, because it started it all, and it is totally self contained. You don't ever have to watch another SW movie before or after it and you still feel satisfied.

However, ESB is still my favorite. It's nearly flawless, the dialog is great and the characters act more human than in any other SW film. I think about all my favorite Star Wars quotes and scenes and I realize that they all came from ESB.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis