Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    Well, I got mine out and played around with it for a while, trying to come up with the best solution to just that issue, even before I saw your post! Anyway, the curvature of the neck inspired me to work the legs in such a way as to have the tail pointed down and the chest upward. By positoining the legs to allow for this pose, the beastie can be posed on just five legs with one claw held up for the death strike. It makes a dynamic pose for display, though it is still a big space consumer!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Same here, I have almost made the big guy sit down while waving that piece of the Geonosian Warrior in the air. Once the Arena Playset comes out, we will have the ability to create some cool scenes...
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

Good point, Boulton, or at least you and others will have such an ability. JediCole has little room for playsets. It is hard enough to find room for the now hundreds of figures in my collection which comprises over 20 years of collecting (starting with the Early Bird Set at age 12)!

I also wanted to help keep this thread floating to the top as it served in the recent past as a kind of call to all Dallas/Fort Worth area Sir Steve's members to gather at the Sci-Fi Expo and Toy Show in Plano! I hope many of you will head out there this weekend (August 24-25) and stop by mine and DingoDad's tables. Mrs. JediCole will be there helping me wrangle about 500 different Star Wars, Simpsons, Ray Harryhausen monsters, super-hero, anime, Star Trek, comic, movie, and TV related books, comics, toys, statues, and other collectibles.

Also for you DFW collector types, there will be a comic and toy show of some kind (presumably with no guests) in Cleburne, Texas (not terribly far from Fort Worth) two weeks after the above show in Plano. It is Saturday, September 7 at the Cleburne Civic Center (I believe, details are supposed to be sent my way next week). It is a FREE ADMISSION show which will probalby consist of just dealers, but hey, it's free!

And if you can't make it out to the show this weekend, be sure to mark your calendar for the big show October 12-13, 2002. Carrie Fisher will be amoung the guests so the place will be packed! And since October 12th just happens to be my birthday, and the official start up date of Mrs. JediCole and my company, A Piece of the Action Collectibles, we will be celebrating at our tables that day with free cookies, prize drawings, and other surprises yet to be determined.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

I look forward to meeting you this weekend, seems like I missed lasttime. Is the name of the table that you will be at called "piece of the action?" Happy Early B-Day on the 12th -- but I WILL be there to tell you in person a second time.

The only place I have room for a playset would be here at work -- and I am saving that space for a "special" set that I am working on from EMPIRE. Otherwise, I have a lot of ceiling room for all those GUNSHIPS I wand to buy - haha. And YES -- we should keep this thread at the top so we can keep updated with all the latest !!
    JediBoulton --

Look for jedicole and i on the wall across from the stage. i cant speak for him, but i'll try to make you a good deal.
    no smiley zone!

This just in from rebelscum, someone in Mckinney has found 2 Gunships! Start looking!

Hey Guys -- (and Gals) -- TRU.com is offering the 12" ZAM, Dooku, and SBD for $19.99 on their website. I used the code that JarJar had put out some time ago to get $5.00 off a $35.00 price --
    Here it is:CHNKBKAMZNLT $5 off $35 (Expires) - 8/31/02

Hope this helps those of you who collect 12" figures -- see ya later
    JediBoulton --

Today I also saw 2 of the catina bars at Wal-Mart in Plano.

Well, I hope some of you made it out to the Toy Show this weekend. It was the poorest turnout I've seen in years, but then the guest list was a bit lacklustre.

One of the problems is that the promoters of this show have put on three to seven shows a year for many years now. From the outset, these shows were promoted as TOY shows. The promoters have expressed a sincere desire to shed the "toy show only" label that was arguably self-imposed. The problem is that the regular atendees enjoy the toy show and want guests who's characters have been immortalized as toys. As a result, shows like this last weekend's "Retro TV and Movie" show was avoided by many . Plus the loss of Carrie Fisher as a guest seems to have made this show box office poison.

Well, hopefully they will have Carrie Fisher in October. It was nice in a way to have time to set up everything I had on hand and to talk to people at length as we were none too busy.

If you have not already, check out my post in the "Conventions" section to find out about the free admission toy show in less than two weeks!

The walmart on 183 and Esters in Irving has the new 12'' assortment . They had had two of each doll in stock which would be the whole case. I also saw the new cantina figures at the walmart on I-20 in Weatherford.