Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    Geez. I hope that means I'll be able to find Ki-Adi, Teemto, and TA Anakin soon enough. Shoulda picked up that gunship when I saw it at Wal-Mart, but I'm trying to give the ol' visa a rest..

Has anyone seen the interactive R2D2 anywhere in the DFW area recently?
    Of course that's just my opinion...I could be wrong!

Yes, I ahve seen him at KBTOYS in Mesquite and also the Walmart in Rockwall. He looks great, but a little expensive right now.
    I'm saving up for the Star Destroyer LEGO !!!
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

Toy Show Time in Plano. Sir Steves Member Meeting, Anyone?

Okay, it's that time again! This weekend (October 11-13) we have the last toy show of the season in Plano, Texas. The Dallas ComiCon (from the folks of the SciFi Expo & Toy Show) brings us CARRIE FISHER in a rare convention appearance! Also, Ray Park has just been added! Peter Mayhew will be there along with Amy (Aayla Secura) Allen and Rena (Taun We) Owen to round out the Star Wars guests.
    There will be many other movie, TV, and comic related guests as well! And I know we have tried this a few times in the past, but this one is too big to be missed! This is an open call to Sir Steve's guide members to get together and meet over the weekend at the Dallas ComiCon. Mrs. JediCole and I will be there running our tables in the dealer room so please stop by and say hello, especially if you are attending on Saturday (as it is my birthday and we will be easy to spot with lots of bright red Star Wars helium balloons and free cookies for all while supplies last! And we will also have hourly sales on Saturday for 10% savings on a variety of items.
    I would really like to meet as many of you as possible if you are planning to attend. I know I've met a couple of you and would love to meet more. Also, everyone should email that old stick in the mud, DingoDad and tell him he should attend the show. It is a long drive, but not THAT long a drive. He can take it! Help me out if you can, folks! It just wouldn't be a toy show without him!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

SWEEEEEEETTTTT !!! RAY PARK IS COMMING BACK!!!!!

This is going to be SOOOOOO AWSOME !!!!!!! DINGODAD -- GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND COME SEE US !!!

I WILL BE THERE THIS TIME!!!! HAPPY B-DAY JEDICOLE!!!!

LATER GUYS!!!
    JediBoulton --

Just Found !!

Yestertoys has Clone Pilot, Jango Pilot, Amidala Pilot for $7.25 MINT !! This is a good price if you are trying to catch up on your collection!!
    JediBoulton --

I'd rather wait and get them for 4.99. Just be a little patient.

$7.25 is not a bad price at all...considering all of the wasted money spent on gasoline and all of the endless effort to track down figures. I'll be willing to wager that it cost more $$$ to personally track down the figures than it would cost to just order them on-line for a couple of dollars over retail price. Plus, they are gaurenteed mint (I'm assuming), which is something you rarely find on the store shelves...although mint on mint card means little to nothing if you are not a carded collector.

While I'm on my soap box...why is it that the rest of the country seems to get the new waves of figures several months ahead of us here in Dallas. I thought (although I may be wrong) that DFW was a major metropolitan area...one of the top 10 or 15 cities in the U.S. (in terms of population). Why stores can not ocassionally (once a month perhaps) restock their shelves with newer waves of figures is beyond me. Is it that darn difficult to ship new merchandise into the DFW area?

Anyway...This whole lack of distribution of new merchandise has got me all wound up...which is just another GOOD reason to order your figures on-line (it reduces my stress level...stress not caused by collecting, but from fighting the traffic and crowds...only to discover that nothing new is in stock or that the local scalper has just purchased the one and only case of new figures).

In short, thanks JediBoulton for pointing out the IN-STOCK items at Yestertoys.com.
    Of course that's just my opinion...I could be wrong!

Keith Koth -- YOU SAID IT !! -- I will admit, that when we first heard about the EPII figures comming out -- it was fun runing around town, trying to find all the newest stuff. But, not that the "new" has worn off -- I enjoy sitting back and ordering online -- sometimes. I will still stop by WM or TRU if I am in the area and look to see if their might be a KI-ADI-MUNDI or CLONE PILOT that someone has forgotten -- but for the most part -- if I know the figure is going to be popular -- I hit the online store and save myself the trouble. Maybe MR. COLE is reading this and will be sensitive to our needs ad cut all his "SW FRIENDS" a break!! - HAHA. As far as the availablity of figures in this area -- our company is experiencing some problems with shipping of equipment from the WEST COAST AREA. It seems like everything is about two-three weeks behind everyone else. Not sure what the reason is.

Anyway -- All of you have a GREAT day and I will see ya'll this weekend!!
    JediBoulton --

If anyone in the DFW area has found Ephant Mon and has any extra (or can get one), AND you are attending the Dallas ComiCon in Plano this weekend, please let me know. This is the one new release I want the most and would reimburse or trade for one. Look for my tables at the ComiCon, the one with the red Star Wars helium balloons!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.