Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What books should I read over the summer?

It's been quite a while since I've read a Star Wars book, but I would like start reading them again. The problem is I don't know where to start. I've read every single book up to the Vision of the Future, with the exceptions being Books 5 through 9 in the X-Wing Series and the Bounty Hunter Wars series.

What books should I start with now? The NJO series or the old books I haven't read... or the ones based on Episode I characters?

Also, since its been a while and its bugging me because I don't remember... what did Luke and Mara discover the Hand of Thrawn to be? I know they found the Chiss there, but that is all I can remember form that. And what was the story behind the guy Talon was so afraid of?

I'd go with NJO, and the series of novels that occur between TPM and AOTC........

Vector Prime is a good place to start, Bob Salvatore is an excellent writer, I've followed him through his "Forgotten Realms" Series, and find him to be an excellent writer.......

I'd like Terry Brooks to tackle another SW Book as well.....
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

Re: What books should I read over the summer?

Originally posted by chaerulez
    It's been quite a while since I've read a Star Wars book, but I would like start reading them again. The problem is I don't know where to start. I've read every single book up to the Vision of the Future, with the exceptions being Books 5 through 9 in the X-Wing Series and the Bounty Hunter Wars series.

What books should I start with now? The NJO series or the old books I haven't read... or the ones based on Episode I characters?
    If you enjoyed the first 4 X-Wing books, definitely read the rest of the series. The Bounty Hunter Wars is so-so. Bad characterizations, but the plot is okay. The prequel era novels are also average IMO. You might read Rogue Planet, since it ends up connecting to some of the stuff in NJO. Other than that I think all you might have missed is the Tales of the New Republic anthology which you can skip. After the rest of the X-Wing stuff and Rogue Planet, you might just go ahead and start NJO since you're pretty far behind.

Also, since its been a while and its bugging me because I don't remember... what did Luke and Mara discover the Hand of Thrawn to be? I know they found the Chiss there, but that is all I can remember form that. And what was the story behind the guy Talon was so afraid of?
    It's been so long since I've read it, I've forgotten most of it myself. I remember they found some clones of Thrawn being grown and they were preparing for some threat from the unknown regions or outer rim. I can't remember if it was specifically revealed as the threat from the NJO series or not.
    My backpack's got jets
    I'm boba the fett
    I bounty hunt for jabba hutt
    To finance my vette
    -----------------------------------
    "Fett's 'Vette" - MC Chris

Okay, thanks for all the suggestions, gonna go to Borders and start checking out the books.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    The Hand of Thrawn was a giant fist shaped fortress where the Chiss were keeping a clone of Thrawn, that was going to be trained to become the next Emperor. However, the cloning cylinder was damaged and the clone wasn't viable (still born). It was hinted that they would try again at some point in the future, but it would take a long while to grow it to full stage again.

Talons story revolved around his apprehension at going to see his former boss, the man he had received his organization from. he felt like he had usurped the leadership from the old guy, but it turns out the old man had wanted to leave and had groomed Talon into taking over when the time was right. There was some back story about the dark side cave on Dagobah, but I forgot what that was exactly.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Is Rogue Planet and Spinter of the Mind's Eye any good? I was debating buying those two. Which is better?
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

Go with Rogue Planet, it fits in great in between Episode I and Episode II. And it doesn't contradict anything in the movies, unlike Splinter of Mind's Eye. Splinter has never really fit at all into the continuity of the Saga, especially after the release of Empire Strikes Back.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

hey jar jar did u get my pm
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]CENSORED X 5[/FONT]CENSORED X 5

I thought Splinter was an interesting read, it was different to every other Star Wars EU.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I have yet to read Splinter. All these years....
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."