Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Lightbulb

Here's a potentially spoiler-heavy technique: get the New Essential Guide to Characters and read the bios. Then, choose a story you like and look up the book.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Bumping this to current status.

Still adding most NJO books to the "avoid" category.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I enjoyed the Darth Maul novel. (Sorry, can't remember the title.) It was a fast, enjoyable read. I read it in two - three days on Christmas vacation.

The Zahn novels are always good. I finished the Hand of Thrawn one on vacation two weeks ago.

The Darth Maul novel is called Shadow Hunter. I liked it too, very fast paced.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

I read X-Wing 5-7 (I'm reading chronologically, and I'm not up to 8 and 9 yet), and I thought that while they weren't up to the quality of the first four, they were enjoyable reads, and Warlord Zsinj is a great antagonist whom Wolverton didn't give nearly enough screentime in The Courtship of Princess Leia. So I would definitely recommend X-Wing 5-7, but beyond that, I can only assume that they're as good as the previous seven that I've read.
    "Evil, meet sword! SWORD, MEET EVIL!!!" - Minsc, Baldur's Gate II

I need some suggestions on what to read next. I just finished the first 4 books of the X-Wing series and I really want to take a break from it.

-It's been a long time since I read the Zahn trilogy.
    -I read Jedi Search, but didn't read the rest of the series.
    -I'm trying to stay in the Post classic trilogy area of the timeline, but I'm sure I missed a book somewhere.

The Star Wars Timeline thread didn't seem to have all the books listed.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Zahn has the other two Thrawn books out. It takes place a few years after his first trilogy. I read them last year.

The Tales from... series of books are interesting. Good short stories from different characters' points of view.

I've read all of the Tales From.. books. They were good, well, most of them at least. I've also read the Han Solo Trilogy.

Well, I went to Borders. They have a special where you buy any 3 paperbacks, you get 1 free. So, I bought Heir to the Empire, the last 2 books in the Jedi Academy Trilogy, and Truce at Bakura. That should hold me for a few months.

i haven't read the x-wing books or njo, but think i've gotten through all the others. i'd say truce at bakura was the worst that i recall.