Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheese!

Hybrid View

Cheese!

I love cheesy movies! What's everyone's favorite?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie
    Batman (1966)
    Evil Dead (the first one, at least)
    Howard the Duck
    Star Trek: The Voyage Home
    Beetlejuice
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

How do you determine if a movie is "cheesy?" Is there some sort of checklist?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    "Cheese" movies are movies whose plotline revolves around cheese in some fashion or another. Let's take a look at BSR's list. Sometimes the cheese connection is obscure and insidiously clever...

TMNT: Cheese pizza. If the evil Shredder gang takes over New York, hundreds of independent pizzerias run by honest, hardworking Italians will be forced to close. The turtles must use all their skills to prevent this catastrophe.

Batman: Although never stated outright in the film, it's implied that after teaming up to destroy Batmen, the super villains will go on to put a strangle hold on the cheese production capabilities of the entire world. Destroying Batman is simply phase one of their fiendish plan...

Evil Dead: Of course, the incantations in the Necronomicon, when read from cover to cover, would make the very concept of cheese cease to exist. Ash must prevent this unthinkable tragedy from ever occuring...

Howard The Duck: George was going for a metaphorical "cheese as life" parable that clearly went over the heads of simple movie goers who panned this brilliant film, thus destroying any chance of seeing the other two films in the trilogy (George only does trilogies, after all) which would have made everything staggeringly clear in the end.

Star Trek: Clearly the whales were brough back from the past strictly to cultivate their milk and make a rare Whale Cheese which was intended to placate the advancing alien probe. Somehow all of this was left on the cutting room floor...

Beetlejuice: Lord knows what was (and is) going through Tim Burton's head, but the man is a huge fan of all types of cheese. This movie above all others (except perhaps Ed Wood) is an homage to cheese.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Masters of the Universe was pretty cheesy, I liked that as a kid.
    What am I doing with a DVD copy?

Garbage Pail Kids The Movie was pretty cheesy, is that available on DVD?
    I'd like to see it again.

Sorry Caesar, no GPK: The Movie yet on DVD. Infact I don't even think it's avaliable on VHS anymore. Same thing that happened with the cards, they noticed a similarity in the charecters with some of the kids buddy type dolls, and made a stink. Good trivia question for ya, what was the A and B names, for the R2-D2 like Garbage Pail Kid card?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I enjoy a good cheesy movie.

Some of my favorites:

Evil Dead 2
    Army of Darkness
    Serial Mom
    Tank Girl
    No Holds Barred
    Fear of a Black Hat
    Toxic Avenger
    Beast Master
    Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo
    The Human Tornado
    Night of the Lepus
    Food of the Gods
    C.H.U.D 2 : Bud the C.H.U.D.
    Tuff Turf

I could probably go on all night.....but I won't

I usually define a cheesy movie as one that is low budget/bad, and you enjoy the movie despite/because of it.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Aww....and here I thought we were going to discuss cheese

*shrugs* I have many cheesy movies that I like.
    All the Evil Dead movies, Cannibal! The Musical, TMNT, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Return of the Killer Tomatoes, The Killer Tomatoes Eat France, etc.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

They made sequels to the killer tomato movie? Oh dear Lord......! That's too cheesy to contemplate.

Jonny Mnemonic is preeeeetty cheesy. home alone and it's terrible sequels. Beethoven. Turner and hooch. K9. In fact any movie centered around kids or animals. With the exeption of ET.
    Gremlins II is extremely cheesy.
    I can think of plenty of cheesy movies but just... not right now.....

OOO! How could I forget the Gremlins films? And Mars Attacks.
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

Hairspray. Or any John Waters film.
    Stop or my Mom will shoot
    kindergarten cop
    Mr. nanny
    Fantastic voyage
    Benji
    The shaggy DA
    Freaky friday
    Digby the worlds biggest dog
    Bugsy Malone
    The Flintstones

There's so many to choose from I can't even begin. I'm kinda loped o these kids and animals movies right now.