Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"

Upcoming films in light of Tragedy

A bunch of upcoming films are being resceduled and/or dumped altogether in the wake of the Tragedy.

Shwarzenegger's Collateral Damage has been pulled off release lists permanently as it deals with a terrorist bombing a building.

Sonnenfeld's Big Trouble with Tim Allen and Rene Russo is being pushed back until spring because it deals with a bomb threat on a plane.

All the Spiderman trailers and Posters are being destroyed because of the WTC references.

MIB2 is being redone because the ending had the WTC turning into giant spaceships or ships flying into them.

I haven't heard anything about the new Jack Ryan film with Ben Affleck Sum of All Fears but it deals with mid east terroists nuking the superbowl, so it reamins to be seen whether they will finish that one.

Episodes of Friends are being digitally altered to remove WTC from background shots.

Anybody heard anything else about the future of cinema in regards to this Tragedy?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I haven't heard anything else about cinema, but I heard about a rap group that was forced to change the cover of their CD because it showed them blowing up the WTC.

I tell you one thing though, the word "Attack" is being used so much lately, everytime I think of "Attack of the Clones" I think of "Attack on America". Think they'll change it now?
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

That's a good point, Fulit. Just like Chrysler retiring the name "Challenger" in the wake of the shuttle disaster back in 1986.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The Last Castle poster has an American Flag upside down at half mast. they are pulling all posters and releasing new ones.

The Fox Tv Show "24" is about a terrorist blowing up a plane in the pilot episode and each episode after dealing with one hour in th eaftermath. They are debating on changing EVERYTHING Including dialogue in following episodes. the incident is such an integral part of the shows plot, Fox doesn't know what to do.

Jackie Chan's Nosebleed about a WTC window washer thwarting a terrorist bomb threat will have to be completely revamped.

Phone Booth has been delayed until next year also.

I can understand taking WTC out of things that are yet to be released, but why go and erase it from episodes of Friends and other shows? What, are we going to pretend the place never existed? Next they'll be burning all the copies of the episode of the Simpsons where they go to New York.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

I heard they're going to actually cut some scenes out of the Spiderman movie that involve the WTC twin towers like the one in the teaser trailer.

I think they should leave them in so the towers can "live on" at least on film. I can understand the film makers not wanting to upset people but I think they(the people) realize Spiderman was made before the Tragedy and that we shouldn't shy away from everything concerning the towers...

I think the studios are taking it too far. It's akin to having a death in the family, then burning all the photos of that person to keep from remembering them.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

They are all very jittery and the reactions seem knee jerk. I think by the time Spidey comes out, they may have reconsidered...Somebody should write to them and say "Look. We know the towers were in the movie. Leave them in so they can be immortalized in some way..."

Originally posted by master jedi
    I heard they're going to actually cut some scenes out of the Spiderman movie that involve the WTC twin towers like the one in the teaser trailer.
    You've got it wrong from what I have heard Whats in the "Spiderman" trailer with the Twin Towers is NOT in the film at all!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious