Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy Jedi Knights: Not as strong as we thought.

Last night I was entirely blown away by the movie. It was definitly worth the one hour wait that I had to endure, but I guess it's all part of the experience, right? hehehe! One thing I noticed after watching AOTC is that Jedi Knights can be killed as easily as a storm trooper, which to me is kind of sad. Growing up, I always thought of a Jedi Knight as this holy warrior, who was always protected by the power of the force, and who could never die. For some reason, I always thought of them as immortal. Now, Lucas has all but erased that aura of invincibility with AOTC. Jedi Knights can die; it's sad but true.

Re: Jedi Knights: Not as strong as we thought.

Originally posted by Darth_Growl
    Last night I was entirely blown away by the movie. It was definitly worth the one hour wait that I had to endure, but I guess it's all part of the experience, right? hehehe! One thing I noticed after watching AOTC is that Jedi Knights can be killed as easily as a storm trooper, which to me is kind of sad. Growing up, I always thought of a Jedi Knight as this holy warrior, who was always protected by the power of the force, and who could never die. For some reason, I always thought of them as immortal. Now, Lucas has all but erased that aura of invincibility with AOTC. Jedi Knights can die; it's sad but true.
    Remember episode one when anakin says "but no one can kill a jedi" and qui-gon says somehting (i think) and gives him a look. So they were always able to die.
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

Yah. Even with the power of the force and a lightsaber as your weapon, it still isn't much help against thousands of droids shooting at you in all directions. I would have thought more jedi would have at least attempted to use force lifting powers to wipe out scores of droids at a time, but I didn't see that happening. Guess it takes too much concentration during battle to attempt such things.

Quite mortal beings with supernatural powers are still quite mortal beings.

Not to mention they were horribly outnumbered in the battle. It's suprising that any of them survived, when there were battle droids firing at them from all sides. You can't deflect shots coming at you from multiple directions at once. Remeber, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon only faced around 6-8 Battle Droids at a time in Episode 1. And had to run from only 2 Destroyer Droids.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Upon repeated viewings, the one thing I noticed was that the Jedi in the background are moving verrrrry slowly, considering theres "thousands" of battledroids attacking.

I think this is because george was trying to cut down on animation time/resources and a background lightsaber that only moves a few times is easier to insert than a flailing blade attacking "thousands" of droids.

Still, it looks goofy if you're concentrating on the background Jedi action rather than the foreground narrative.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

If they were so invincible and immortal, I'd think a few more would be alive during ANH.

Did ya catch the twin-sabered Jedi that thrusts a blade into a fallen battle droid? That was one of the poorer background shots for me.

also if this has already made 114 million dollars i think lucas can take a few more minutes to have the backround guys animated better
    I dont want to sell you death sticks, i want to go home and rethink my life.

On first viewing I thought that the arena battle was just plain awesome
    In a Father son type of moment my son turned to me and said that he wanted to be a Jedi in the arena and I thought God I'd love to be in the arena with my (imaginary) lightsabre kicking battle droid ***.
    maybe Jedi's can be killed by mere mortal blasters but doesnt that mean we can connect with them easier and they aren't immortal God like beings.
    I didnt feel let down that it was basically a Jedi cull, it just made want to be there more
    Planet Lunt...It is unavoidable........It Is Your Destiny.

Not to mention they were horribly outnumbered in the battle
    Ah, but there was one (Jedi) that wasn't. At least, in a way, he wasn't.
    There was a part where a Jedi jumped up the balcony to attack Dooku. But before that Jedi could do anything, Jango opened fire and shot him down, making him fall off the balcony to his death.
    That was only two blasters and one opponent. That Jedi should have been able to block those shots - at least that's what I thought. I just see him as a weak Jedi,
    However, had he survived Jango's blasting, he more than likely would have been killed by Dooku anyway. So, I guess it was only a matter of time .
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Not to mention they were horribly outnumbered in the battle. It's suprising that any of them survived, when there were battle droids firing at them from all sides. You can't deflect shots coming at you from multiple directions at once. Remeber, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon only faced around 6-8 Battle Droids at a time in Episode 1. And had to run from only 2 Destroyer Droids.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

This question occurred to me the second time I watched it: where are the rest of the Jedi? How many are there total? Why wouldn't the Council call in the battalions or was this assumed to be a quick in and out rescue mission? If that's the case, then why would Yoda bring the Clone army? So, assuming that the Jedi Council knew that it would be a big battle, where were the rest of Jedi?