View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Star Wars movie Now?

Voters
1739. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Phantom Menace

23 1.32%
  • Attack of the Clones

568 32.66%
  • A New Hope

170 9.78%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

807 46.41%
  • Return of the Jedi

171 9.83%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I mean the pool is about my favourite, not the one which I found it's the best
    Still don't know why ANH has so little votes
    Maybe this poll should've been made two months ago , or in a couple of months, whent all the hype about AOTC is gone...so the vision is more clear
    Hasbro CEO to designers team:
    Star Wars Collectors,
    They must be dead by now...
    Destroy what's left of them !

'Mate y Bizcochitos de Grasa'

I have to say my favorites fall in this order:

1. Attack of the Clones-IMHO the most dramatic of the films. Made me cry, I'll admit it. Also, the most fun, extremely visual, and far-reaching in the grand scheme of things. Hayden was awesome, Ewan IS Obi-wan, and Natalie is perfect. 3PO and R2 felt sooooo classic "Oh! Idiot!", "For a mechanic, you do an excessive amount of thinking!". I could go on and on!

2. The Empire Strikes Back-Smooth and beautiful. Difficult to decide between this and AOTC, but Empire never touched me the way Ep2 has. Also changed my favorite line of dialogue, unforgivable. "Bring my shuttle."

3. A New Hope-It started it all, and has some of the greatest moments in the saga. Too many to list!

4. Return of the Jedi-Has its good moments, but too many elements I could do without.

5. The Phantom Menace-Not a bad film, but not a great film either. I don't hate Jar Jar, but I didn't really CARE about anyone in the film. So many things could have been done better.

I really hope Episode III will end up the champ. I can't believe some of the reviews for Ep2 saying there aren't any memorable lines and that the script and the acting are bad. Another comment I keep hearing is that "this is a movie for the fans"...and this is supposed to be a BAD thing??!! Ha! Thank Gawd!
    "You're using her as bait..."

The first SW movie I ever saw in the theater was ROTJ. I remember this so well cause I was terrified of Yoda ( I was three!! Lay off !! ) From favorite to least favorite, my list is:

*The Empire Strikes Back
    *Attack of the Clones
    *A New Hope
    *Return of the Jedi
    *The Phantom Menace

I didn't put AOTC first for one reason: You know how when you get a new toy and it's the best thing in the world and then two weeks later you don't touch it? That's how I feel about AOTC. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome movie. I just think that when the novelty wears off, it might drop a spot or two. Heck, TPM was my favorite movie three years ago

1- ESB
    2- AOTC
    3- ANH
    4- ROTJ
    5- TPM

I guess that's saying a lot for AOTC and as to how much I enjoy this film!

23 here. I saw the original SW movies first on VHS. Then again with the THX VHS, then saw the first 2 SEs the first day and saw ROTJ SE the 2nd day. I've even seen all 3 SEs on VHS before Phantom. You could say I was VERY MUCH hooked on SW.

Saw TPM first showing and again the opening day. And between then and AOTC I saw the SEs all over again about 2 times and have watched TPM DVD about 4 times. I've seen AOTC 2 times now (first showing and again opening day) and will be seeing it this thursday for a 3rd time.

After all that, here is my list in order:

1. Empire Strikes Back - What can I say, great action scenes (AT-ATs rule!), first time Luke finds out about Vader being his father, losing his hand, poor Han in carbonite. Just overal awesome.

2. Attack of the Clones - Much like ESB (flows kinda like ESB, except it has the battle at the end) the scenes were awesome, Anakin loses an arm, Boba's origin, start of the empire (though not called empire yet), basically the first storm troopers (which just rule!), and the seeing Anakin being torn between hatred and obediance (dark side begins).

3. A New Hope - The beginning of the whole SW series. Not in story order, but in order of being released. Its what brought thousands+ into an incredible story and world.

4. The Phantom Menace - Start of Anakin, Pod race was cool, Qui Gon Jinn's death (which is unfortunate), Trade Federation's start into what becomes the Clone Wars.

5. Return of the Jedi - Still a good movie, but it lacked some of the things the other movies had. Ewoks were a bit cheesy, but also a nice addition to the movie. The beginning was probably the best part of the movie, as well as the fight between Vader and Luke and the demise of the Emperor.

Hmmmm ...

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Attack of the Clones
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. The Phantom Menace.

I use 2 basic standards in ranking these movies.
    First, how excited was I to see it (when it was released in the theater) before, during and after.
    Second, how badly or how often would I like to watch it again (on video or whatever).

I was 8 or 9 when A New Hope (then just Star Wars) came out ... I can remember distinctly the world before there was a Star Wars and I can remember specifically why and when everything changed. The humor, the characters, the action and very importantly the overall look of the movie. It was high tech ... but, it all seemed to make sense. Not to mention, you could carry the characters from the movie around in your pockets.

To this day I think A New Hope is a cool looking movie.
    The reasons I vote Empire Strikes Back as my favorite, have a lot to do with how great ANH was before it. The anticipation for that second movie was intense ... I can remember being ready to burst before it started and it held me all the way through.
    The end of the movie ... the duel between Luke and Darth Vader, I would say is my favorite scene in any of these movies.
    Attack of the Clones had me in much the same way. I wanted to like this one, as we all did, and it held me in much the same manner all the way through.
    The Return of the Jedi? A great one for many reasons ... but, maybe my hysteria had been dulled a little by my ensuing prepubescent snotty attitude ... or maybe because later I became so sick of seeing Ewoks on TV specials. (I remember the Wookie special from the '70s ... Wookie Christmas? Were do we rank the TV specials?)
    The Phantom Menace comes in last for most of the obvious reasons. It seems to lag behind, but not by much. I enjoy watching the movie on tape, it's good science fiction and good fun .... and that's what it's all about.

I had to vote ANH. I saw it in the summer of '77 when I was 2 and a half. Seeing this movie is the earliest memory I have (I'm getting sentimental in my old age).

Empire is a close second. Nothing can top the surprise of learning Vader is Luke's father. Plus the acting (while still not great) was a bit better than Clones.

Attack of the Clones is my number 3. The first hour, the acting is pretty bad, but it does improve. I like the story a lot, and yoda just kicks butt.

Return is fourth. The story tied everything together and wrapped things up nicely.

Phantom just sucked. While I know there was a lot of setup that needed to happen, there just wasn't enough going on to keep me interested. Watch the very boring invasion, take a nap, watch the exciting pod race, take a nap, watch the final duel.

George will really have to screw up Episode III (Fall of the Jedi?) to be worse the Phantom.

To 3 of you (may be more) - TPM over ROTJ?! What on Earth is wrong with you?!
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((IIIIIIIOIIIII

Tom Coglin does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.
    But he asks the impossible. I need more Monkey-Chow.
    - Caesar

I had to vote ANH. I saw it in the summer of '77 when I was 2 and a half. Seeing this movie is the earliest memory I have (I'm getting sentimental in my old age).

Empire is a close second. Nothing can top the surprise of learning Vader is Luke's father. Plus the acting (while still not great) was a bit better than Clones.

Attack of the Clones is my number 3. The first hour, the acting is pretty bad, but it does improve. I like the story a lot, and yoda just kicks butt.

Return is fourth. The story tied everything together and wrapped things up nicely.

Phantom just sucked. While I know there was a lot of setup that needed to happen, there just wasn't enough going on to keep me interested. Watch the very boring invasion, take a nap, watch the exciting pod race, take a nap, watch the final duel.

George will really have to screw up Episode III (Fall of the Jedi?) to be worse the Phantom.

1 Empire
    2 New Hope
    3 AOTC
    4 Jedi
    5 TPM
    Everyone I talked to thought TPM was good when they left the cinema.
    As time goes on then you can truly see which one is great which is why AOTC will have to be mighty special in 5 yrs to surpass the legendary first two.
    (Jedi really gets on my nerves so I put AOTC before it out of spite
    Planet Lunt...It is unavoidable........It Is Your Destiny.