View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Star Wars movie Now?

Voters
1739. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Phantom Menace

23 1.32%
  • Attack of the Clones

568 32.66%
  • A New Hope

170 9.78%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

807 46.41%
  • Return of the Jedi

171 9.83%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Ranking in Lakewood, OH

As a STAR WARS fan since July 1977, I have managed to live without getting TOO caught up in the hype of all the sequel/prequel releases. I have been a spoiler junkie since the day I laid eyes on some Ralph McQuarrie production paintings in the front of STARLOG Magazine back in 1979.

After having seen the newest film, I would have to say that I like it the best. There were such long stretches of "quiet" in the film that helped the plot advance "thoughtfully". This hasn't happened since ESB, yet I feel that the "quiet" portions were better executed here. So with that said, on with the ranking.

1. AOTC (just a tad above ESB!)
    2. ESB
    3. ANH
    4. TPM (yes, really... I totally GOT the set-up aspect of this film)
    5. ROTJ (It was because of those pesky little Ewoks. Cute, but TOO cute)
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

AOTC!!
    esb
    rotj
    anh(close race between rotj and anh)
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda

I picked Return of the Jedi probably because that was the age I was first able to go to the movies and fully understand the wonders of a Star Wras movie. I have always liked the fact that this movie had an ending and brought many years of excitement to conclusion. Now I did see the first two movies when they were out but did not really understand everything as I was 4 and 8 at the time. I am probably one of the few people not annoyed to no end by the ewoks. Having always been a fan of mythology I can understand the little guy overcoming the giant. I found the final battle on endor and above endor to be very visual. The movie in itself was vivid with color between Jabba's palace and the final battle scenes. My favorite action figure was a result of this movie - The emperor's Royal Guard, it was the second round of Luke & Vader's lightsaber duel and showed just how dark the Emperor was.

Those are just a few of the reasons why I liked this movie best.
    Magic-Middle

From favourite to least liked:
    1. ESB
    2. ANH
    3. AOTC
    4. ROTJ
    5. TPM

I'm 32 and saw ANH in Hong Kong when it first came out. I still remember my first thoughts when I saw the movie for the first time. For example, I wondered if the Jawas were Jedi's when they first appeared because I knew from posters that Jedis had brown robes similar to what the Jawas wore. When Luke appeared for the first time on the farm, I looked for a light saber on his belt, not realizing that he receives it later from Ben.

I was a fan of the Empire because I thought the Stormtroopers looked cool as did the intimidating fleet of battle ship grey destroyers. I recall seeing the Stormtroopers on sale before I knew anything about the movie. I bought them because they looked so cool. I bought Boba Fett before I knew anything about him also because he was cool looking.

ESB got my vote because there was so much action and the introduction of cool figures like Boba Fett & the Snowtrooper. It was cool to me that the Empire won that round as well.

ROTJ & TPM were my least favourite because of Ewoks and Jar Jar respectively. I must say however that the music in TPM was one of the best and Darth Maul was very cool.

AOTC was great, but, the actor who played Anakin either had a bad script, or his acting was poor. I could not see how Amidala would fall in love with a homicidal psychotic. Their connection spoiled the movie for me because it didn't sit right. Anyone in the mental health profession would find his behaviour...concerning.

Heres my favorites in order

1.Attack Of The Clones
    2.Return Of The Jedi
    3.A New Hope
    4.The Phantom Menace
    5.The Empire Strikes Back

I pretty much fell asleep during a viewing of Empire
    A pill To Make you numb
    a pill to make you dumb
    a pill to make you anybody else
    but all the drugs in this world wont save her from herself

the chorus form Marilyn Mansons "Coma White"

1. AOTC: why?
    Yoda. Clones. Mace. Darker Anakin.

2. Empire Strikes Back
    3. Star Wars
    4. Return Of The Jedi
    5. Phantom Menace

Just for those concerned about 'ballot stuffing' here.

Since this poll began, Empire took the lead, followed by AOTC. We don't need any ballot stuffing going on, and it hasn't influenced anything.

It seems ANH and ROTJ are splitting their votes in an evil fight for 3rd place. But they are not necessarily there. They might be fighting for 2nd place, or 4th and 5th - this poll won't tell you that.

All this poll is so far telling us is that ESB seems to be the majority's preference. A new poll I'll do later will give all the "next-best" movies a fair shot, by pitting them TPM, AOTC, ANH, ROTJ all against each other. By declaring Empire a winner and taking it out of the mix, people will be free to vote for their "second-favorite." In other words, ESB fans have not had their chance to show their next order of preference. Yet they do seem to be a solid voting block, so Empire fans are definitely influencing things, as that's where the majority is voting.

Note, that's NOT my personal preference, but it was very close for me between Empire and Clones. But I chose Attack of the Clones. It is the most compelling storyline of all of them to me, very quickly followed by Empire. They are both such good movies. AOTC was definitely George's best directing. (Kershner did ESB and did it brilliantly!)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

1) Empire- nuff said about this masterpiece. Personally, the first SW film I saw in a theatre (age 6).

2) A New Hope- Gl really captured lightning in a bottle here. The final Death Star trench run is still exciting after many viewings.

3) Attack of the Clones- The most visually ambtious SW film, also, here GL really evolves his storytelling, ababoning the B&W narrative structure (ie good guys vs. bad guys).

4) Return of the Jedi- Great beginning, weaker middle (Ewok Village) However, the ending redeems the movie, the greatest space battle ever, Vader's redemption, and one of the greatest closing scenes, actually improved by the special edition. The addition of Luke shaking Wedge's hand was probably one of the best additions in the SE's.

5) The Phantom Menace- Although it is last on the list, I think it is an underrated film. Provides a good set up for the saga, and the action in the end is solid. Does not deserve the trashing it gets from the fans.

I must agree with the majority that l've seen so far...

best to worst:

1. ESB
    2. AOTC*
    3. ANH*
    4. ROTJ
    5. TPM

*I have foreseen that these two will switch places after the newness of AOTC has worn off, although l have now seen it 5 times, and it keeps getting better every time l see it!!

The acting in 'Clones' was, for the most part, 'mildly horrible', but hey, do we go see these with hopes that someone will win best actor next march? I think not. The acting of the peripheral characters and CGI characters far outshone that of our trio of heroes.
    Can't wait for III!!!

also- l don't know where hasbro saw him in the movie, but if anyone saw the 'Nikto Jedi' (aka future pegwarmer) in this movie, please, please, please tell me where?
    kyoto, kyoto, kyotay

I couldn't find Nikto either and I will look hard tonight when I go see it again. But I disagree about the acting. Ewan and Sam do a great job as well as Natalie. Hayden's acting was the only one that was suspect. But I think he did well all things considered.

Originally posted by JangoTango
    I must agree with the majority that l've seen so far...

best to worst:

1. ESB
    2. AOTC*
    3. ANH*
    4. ROTJ
    5. TPM

*I have foreseen that these two will switch places after the newness of AOTC has worn off, although l have now seen it 5 times, and it keeps getting better every time l see it!!

The acting in 'Clones' was, for the most part, 'mildly horrible', but hey, do we go see these with hopes that someone will win best actor next march? I think not. The acting of the peripheral characters and CGI characters far outshone that of our trio of heroes.
    Can't wait for III!!!

also- l don't know where hasbro saw him in the movie, but if anyone saw the 'Nikto Jedi' (aka future pegwarmer) in this movie, please, please, please tell me where?
    I believe that speak for everyone here when I say HUH?.