View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Star Wars movie Now?

Voters
1739. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Phantom Menace

23 1.32%
  • Attack of the Clones

568 32.66%
  • A New Hope

170 9.78%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

807 46.41%
  • Return of the Jedi

171 9.83%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Number one is Empire cause it still rocks from start to finish.
    Number two is Attack of the Clones ( Yoda, Clones, Darker plot)
    Number Three is ANH the one that started it all ( Good starting Point)
    Number four ROTJ cause I thought there was too many Ewok scenes.
    Number five TPM way too much Jar Jar but I still enjoyed the film from a kids point of view.

All and all this is how I think the majority of this thread is going to go with ANH fighting with ROTJ for third spot. I may be wrong but that's my opinion.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

My favorites in order:

1) ESB-The deepest and most shocking of the movies to date. The Vader revelation alone makes it the most powerful. Ep III still has the chance though to equal it though I think.

2) ANH- Still works well, started the whole series and whets your appetite for more.

3) AOTC- Good plot, the showing of Anakin's duality (FINALLY) and great special effects. Dialogue was hard to take between Anakin and Amidala though at times.

4) ROTJ- Still find it hard to believe Vader would come back to the light just for a son he never knew, especially after wiping out most of his brothers-in-arms and betraying his mentor. And those damn Ewoks.

5) TPM- Darth Maul was cool, so was the final light saber duel. Anakin was too young and Obi-Wan was seriously underused.

1. ESB - I thought it was great, even though the drive in started it a little early and some of the hoth scenes were a little hard to see. But I am glad they did start it. I was 7 years old and another 15 min would have been an eternity.

2. ANH (almost #1)-Ahh, to be 4 years old again. Saw it at a drive in theater. Fell asleep when the Falcon escaped the Death Star. When I woke up, my mom told me, "Luke Skywalker flew his ship and blew up the planet." Ended up seeing it again in the theater and stayed awake for it.

3(T). ROTJ/ATOC: I have to see ATOC a few more times before I can say I like to more than ROTJ. ROTJ: Loved the begining, wished the Battle over Endor was better. ATOC: Now we know why Luke called Yoda a "Great Warrior." Battle of Genosis seemed more like a video game than a movie.

5. TPM - I've actually started to like it more lately. The fight between Qui-Gon, Obi-Won and Darth Maul was the best duel in any of the movies so far. The CGI and Jar Jar got annoying. If I was 7 years old, I would have liked it a lot more.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

A Smaller, Very Unkown Planet in the Uncharted System of Oregon

Talking What a Hard Choice...

The first Star Wars that I saw in the theater was the SE of ANH. When I was younger, my parents didn't like to take me to the theater so...I had to wait until I was in high school to get the full experience of Star Wars in full effect. I had seen all of the movies on VHS and the TV specials all the time when I was little, however, I didn't get the theater experience until I was in HS. I have experienced most of these movies in the theaters with my closest friends and they have all have become near and dear to me heart. Maybe that's why I subscribe to this site and find myself looking for everything Star Wars that I can lay my hands on.

So, the list as per me:

1) AOTC - The Yoda battle, epic fight scenes, evolution of so many favorite characters, and Anakin's darker side (FINALLY). I also feel that this movie, lyrically and musically brought back so many images from my other favorites that I had to vote it top because of the memories and loves that it invoked. I admit fully that it is still in the "New Toy" phase; however, when you look at the revalations made in this movie that are things you always wondered about during the first three, so much more makes sense and is now in my sense memory to think about.

2) ESB - Ok, so yeah, the separation between AOTC and ESB is very slim in my mind; yet the scope of AOTC nails the top spot on my list. ESB has the father / son lightsaber battle, the father / son relationship revealed...and Jedi training...wow!!!

3) ANH - The father of all movies. The beginning of everything that is great about the series. I find myself longing for the classicness of this movie; however, it doesn't have the draw as either AOTC or ESB.

4) TPM - Yes, I am placing this above ROTJ. I liked Phantom Menace for the value of returning me to the universe that expanded my imaginative universe as a kid and then again as a teen. I feel that in many ways it is an inferior movie, however when you think that this IS the beginning. This is the Way everything started...Palpatine taking control, a small planet at the center of everything, a young boy found to be the chosen one, and finally the invention of the double-sided lightsaber. Despite Jar Jar and the Medichlorians bulshevic, it is still a good movie.

5) ROTJ - Placing this movie at #5 doesn't mean that I don't like it and that I don't still watch it all the time. However, it does mean that I got sick of the constant reminder with Ewok TV specials and EWOK movies and EWOK, EWOK, EWOK...It does have great aspects such as the final Father / Son duel and the respect paid by Luke towards Vader with the proper burial...However, I think the constant Ewok-ness wore on me more than anything that Jar Jar could have ever thought about. Plus, TPM has the Podrace.

So, here's my list and most of my reasons. I find myself defending the bottom two more in my mind than anything else and I don't know why...but oh well. This ranking doesn't negate my utter love and respect for this series in every facet and every means. :happy: <--Satisfied Grin...
    [FONT=Century Gothic]"what happens in Indy, stays in Indy..."
    -tycho [/FONT]

I voted ESB as my favorite. AOTC is a close second, but the "love" stuff is what hurt it, it just slowed down the movie and made parts of it boring for me, while I could easily watch ESB all day long and not get tired of it, so ANH wins over AOTC. Here is my ranking of the films.

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Attack of the Clones
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. The Phantom Menace
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

my rankings:

1. Empire Strikes Back - most telling, really expands the universe for the first time, bad guys win..who doesn't like that

2. A New Hope - got us all hooked..enough said

3. Attack Of The Clones - for the first time in 20 years I felt like I was watching a Star Wars movie again, awesome visuals..better story, even though the critics are blasting the love story, i say good for lucas, dont bore me with romance, i can get that anywhere. Just give me what i want....Fights and mandalorian armor

4. Return Of The Jedi - too many muppets, cool visuals, great ending battle sequence (probably the best so far IMO)...but too many muppets

5. The Phantom Menace - Just didn't feel like a Star Wars movie, great looking, I understand what lucas was trying to do, it was a basic intro of characters, as in a novel the first chapters are always dull but they are needed to establish what is to follow, but still not the same feeling, but i dont hate like so many others did

well there is my list..maybe and hopefully that will change May 25th 2005....see you then........
    it takes two to lie, one to lie and one to listen - Homer Simpson

I didn't vote on this one,because I love them all!!I'am an avid fan of star wars I have all the movies(that is all 4).I watch all the specials that are on T.V., I go to the conventions,And I collect star wars merchandise.I just can't get enough star wars!!

Re: So which is your favorite Star Wars movie Now?

Originally posted by Tycho
    ...we're going to determine the Best, first.
    IMO, "best" and "favorite" are not synonymous - especially here. I feel that ESB is the best Star Wars film, but ANH is my favorite and thus got my vote since the topic isn't "Which is the BEST Star Wars movie?".

IMO, this poll isn't really an accurate test of people's true opinions on the matter because Ep 2 is still new to them; I think it'd take at least a few weeks to really have a solid opinion set in. Make it interesting, redo the poll in a month or 2 and see how the results come out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ok, it goes like this-
    1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Attack of the Clones
    3. A New Hope
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. The Phantom Menace

Reasons-
    1. The Empire Strikes Back- the best movie ever made. truly a classic. first of all, the best (maybe not visually pleasing) action sequences of the whole saga. from the attack on hoth to the asteroid field chase to the escape from cloud city. next, the best locations. hoth was ok, but dagobah and cloud city are my two favorite planets in the star wars saga. then, the acting and dialogue are classic. then, the costums are the best. ok, i know i'm rambling bout this, so i'll end with this, the reason this is the best movie- the lightsaber battle between Luke and Vader in the end, it gives me chills everytime. especially when Vader says, "The Force is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet."

2. Attack of the Clones- visually the best, and the second best story, next to Empire and the best love story next to Han and Leia, well the only love story. Anakin's performance completely convienced me that he was a good kid gone bad eventually. obi wan was great too and the lightsaber battle reminded me so much of empire's the way they were fighting in the shadows and only the blades gave off light. the only thing i didn't like was the beginning, it just jumped in too quick. other than that, perfect star wars, especially the Death Star at the end. it also got back to the original star wars methods of staying in one scene for more than just five minutes.

3. A New Hope- it started it all and showed us a different universe. even though it can get a little slow, at times, the fight to get out of the Death Star is wonderful. and, who can argue with how cool the cantina is and the battle of Yavin.

4. Return of the Jedi- this one tends to be on the slower side, but still an excellent movie. the final battle is probably the best battle of the whole saga so far. the lightsaber battle, while not as good as ESB or ATOC, it still has impact, especially when the Emperor shoots off electricity from his hand (another scene in AOTC that gave me chills when Dooku does the same)

5. The Phantom Menace- even though the celebrated worse film of star wars, my reasons for it being my least favorite are because it didn't feel like a star wars film. jar jar was, sorry, funny. anakin, even though a terrible actor, was cute. the action sequences were good, but not long enough. the lightsaber battle was awesome, but again not long enough and Darth Maul seemed to remind me of a ballot dancer and these are the reasons why that movie was good, but it wasn't like a star wars, or traditional. the scenes shifted to quick and it seemed like a kiddy movie. obi-wan and qui-gon were the only thing like an original star wars and i thought the story was great, like the way they set up for Palpatine to take over.

those still happen to be my top 5 favorite movies.
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

Ok here's my list:
    1. Return of the Jedi
    2. Star Wars
    3. Attack of the Clones
    4. Phantom Menace
    5. The Empire Strikes Back

SW and ROTJ are in a real close tie for first place for me. But ROTJ saw the only one of the original trilogy I saw in theaters when first came out. I saw SW in a re-release and all of them for the SE release. AOTC has much better story then TPM, but the TPM has the best lightsaber duel (sorry the Jedi rescue is not a duel). The ESB duel is great and so is the AOTC duel, but nothing to the TPM one. I never liked ESB all that much. It's a great movie and I enjoy it, but some one had to be last.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane