View Poll Results: Do you want "Real-Time" (Live) Replies/Posts in these Forums?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 50.00%
  • No

7 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you want Real-Time (Live) Posts/Replies?

The Internet is shifting into "real-time" (live) data... what does that mean? It means less "reloading/refreshing" your browser to see the newest updates. So, that begs the question... do you want "real-time" posts/replies? If you are still unsure as to what I mean... imagine reading a thread and suddenly, a new reply appears. That is "real-time" data.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

i'd vote, but there isn't an option for "i don't care"

No, I'm old fashioned. Like my SSG just the way it is.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Yes! to real-time!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Do we get Bill Maher?

I don't want to see what others type as they type it. Some of the thoughts on members here are disturbing
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Leave it the way it is here, I don't like real time chat carp.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Change is scary. So I'll stick with what's worked.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Do we get Bill Maher?

I don't want to see what others type as they type it. Some of the thoughts on members here are disturbing
    I don't think it would work like that. It sounds like the posts would show up without having to refresh the browser. This could be useful if someone made the same response you were about to post. However, if it meant changing to a whole new forum system, I'm not sure if I would like it. I like how this set up works for the most part.

Are there any examples of a real time site that we could look at? Smart-***-ness aside, I feel like I'm not making any informed choice.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

If I'm not mistaken the main page at facebook is real time. As you sit there a little note appears at the top of the page listing the number of new posts since you last refreshed. It sounds more like what sirsteve is considering is instead of telling you there are new posts, just putting them there. I'd be all for it, there have been a few times I went to type something and by the time I was finished some one else had replied. Also, I wouldn't have to refresh the page over and over as I sit at work waiting for something interesting to get posted. I'm for it.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.