Angry What's the WORST deal you ever got?

In response to GNT's thread on good deals, I'm sure all you guys and gals out there have been stuck with stuff, stiffed, or ripped off at some times. How bad has it gotten for you?

My worst is, by far, stupidly shelling out $35 US for the first orange card POTF2 Lando Calrissian. I was told that I may never find him again because they aren't releasing him anymore. I fell for it. Worst part of the deal was he said he could get him for $30, but it cost him more to buy him, so it went up $5. Should've said "no deal" right then and there. From that point forward, I said I'd rather have a gap in my collection than pay outrageous prices, and I've stuck to my guns on that.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I honestly can't remember how much, but I spent alot for the Eopie w/ Qui-Gon. The most I ever spent on any POTF2 or Episode I product.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Unhappy Worst deal

The worst deal I ever got was buying the J.C. Penney exclusive
    Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader.

I paid 90.00 including taxes, and now youcan get it at KB toys
    for 29.99

I spent US$48 on a POTF2 Luke & Taun Taun in the January of 2000. My heart still bleeding till today.

JC Penny "exclusive" Darth Vader and Obi-Wan

Eopie w/ Qui Gon

R2-D2 w/ holo Leia

y'know...the usual
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Thumbs down UGH!

Spending $35 on a then HTF Death Star Trooper, then having the Fan Club flood the market with them just a few weeks later.

Paying retail for the 12" Biggs & Wedge, what a lame set that was, and FAO can't get rid of them at half the price now!

Paying retail for 12" Watto. I wish I had been able to return it, this is easily my least-favorite figure in 12".

Paying retail for POTJ Chocobi-Wan, that figure was an insult!

Hmm, I'm noticing a trend... I feel less ripped off by comic stores and scalpers that I actually buy from than when I buy bad products from the stores.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hmmm, GNT started the "What's the most you've spent" thread, the best deal one was mine... But quibbling aside...
    Last edited by Jargo; 09-16-2001 at 08:02 PM.

Unhappy

Oops. My bad, Emperor Jargo. I take the Bad Song Lyrics of Shame.

"I don't feel safe anymore; oh what a mess!
    I wonder who's watching me now, the IRS?"
    "That's what Sheev said."

Thumbs down

That would be a figure i grabbed twice by mistake!! Oh well, i gave it to my little cousin so it wasnt that bad.
    As always...........L