Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Dislikes about AOTC

OK. I started this thread with the understanding that I loved AOTC! But all movies have some flaws. Here's a chance to vent a few.

Padme and Anakin- the love story element was written with horrible Soap Opera dialogue, but to make it worse, was delivered by both of these actors with extremely stiff performances. I thought I was listening to two battle droids converse!

The music- either John Williams (who is my all time favorite movie music composer) was rushed or has run out of ideas. SO MUCH of the music was ripped off from other movies! I like touching on familiar themes here and there, but CMON! The only good AND new music I though was the speeder chase music.

Not too many gripes. I thought the movie was absolutely incredible other than that!!!!!

OK, I haven't seen the movie yet (it hasn't been released here in Mexico) but i know for a fact there are two things that I totally disliked:

1. Yoda is not a puppet anymore, but a CGI character... I mean I thought GL was so proud of how he was the best puppet ever made and all that. Even Samuel L Jackson said he love "working with Yoda" in Ep1. What's next, Jedi Shrek? Then he comes up with "you can hardly distinguish it's not a puppet"... I mean yeah sure if you were blind! The pupet was essential to me. I know some people may not share my feelings here but being a fan of the classic trilogy, i feel this new Yoda is sort of... cold, empty... it's just not him.

2. Yoda with a lightsaber... OK, this might just be prejudging but the figure looks ridiculous to me, I just don't see him fighting like that.

Making Yoda totally digital wasn't originally Lucas' idea. Frank Oz is getting up there in years, and didn't want to have to fly to Australia, and elsewhere to do Yoda on set. He wanted to just come in for a recording session to do the voice. So, Lucas did it partially out of respect for Frank Oz. The difference isn't that noticable, and actually looks better then the younger Yoda puppet in TPM.

Yoda with a lightsaber looks totally kick arse, you will not be disapointed in the scene. Actually you might, in the fact that it doesn't last very long. But you can definatly finally see why Yoda is on the Jedi Council, and so highly respected.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

My biggest dislike was the title...

ATTACK OF THE CLONES... where and when did the clones attack? didn't they defend/protect.... ???
    "Do or do not there is no try" -Yoda

Re: Dislikes about AOTC

Originally posted by brentfett

The music- either John Williams (who is my all time favorite movie music composer) was rushed or has run out of ideas. SO MUCH of the music was ripped off from other movies! I like touching on familiar themes here and there, but CMON! The only good AND new music I though was the speeder chase music.
    Actually the music was what I thought was one of the best parts.

My only real dislike was that the force-lightning looked better in ROTJ.
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

I dont think Hayden Christiansen did that great of an acting job. he was only any good when he was angry. but he sounds like such a moron when he goes into why Natalie Portman isnt like sand. i think GL could have come up with a better Anakin, but all in all i was still blown away. after TPM my expectations werent too high. i was amazed by this film.
    "around the survivors a perimeter create"

I disliked that the Jedi very rarely used their force abilities. Like when they were surrounded in the arena. Why didn't they all just force jump outta there? Well, I suppose then they wouldn't need the Clone Troopers and thus the story wouldn't come together then. Oh well, I still would have loved to see more force "action" AND lightsaber fights. Still the movie rocked!!

JediDan, it pretty much seems to take most of your concentration when you are using your lightsaber. Especially if you have to be deflecting numerous shots from multiple angles coming at you. If you'll notice Vader in ESB, he mostly just stands back when he's hurling stuff at Luke.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yes, you bring up a good point JarJar. Good way to put it.

I just didn't like the first half of the movie, other than the chase and Jango Fett fighting scenes. It was really choppy, not fluid at all. The love story part I didn't mind per se', but the way it was done and the dialogue was horrible. Also, Ani was too much of a whiner. I also didn't like how Padme doesn't recoil in horror after learning that Anakin murdered the Tuskens.

The Yoda fight scene was OK up to where he gets the lightsaber out. It was interesting to see him flipping around, but it would have been even better if he played some trippy mind games with Dooku or use the Force in some other way.

I would really like to see it in digital projection this time. I think the CGs are supposed to be much sharper than they were from the transfer-to-film process.

It wasn't a bad flick, but it should have/could have been much better, especially the first hour.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas