Hybrid View

Thumbs up hallmark keepsake ornaments

i was in hallmark today, and they have a three piece, ep. I star wars set, which contains the droid control ship, naboo fighter, and droid fighter. the main reason i am bringing this set to everyones attention, is the droid control ship. it is a perfect mm substitute, until sets XIV-XVI are sighted.

the set goes for $14.99, and is definately well worth picking up, just to get an mm droid control ship.

i only had enough money on me to get two, so i got one fer me, and one fer brit cit (as i am sure they do not have hallmark in england),

if anyone can't find it, and want one, let me know and i will pick them up next weekend.

i modified mine, by putting a hole in the bottom, and it fits perfectly on a mm stand. i also took a pair of pliers to the little ornament hanging hook on top.

it looks exactly like an mm version of the ship, and is well worth having.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Sounds good, but with the DC and AF ones, I think I have all the Droid Control ships I need from the MM line. Plus, that price...

Didja see the Trek ones? I want reviews on those!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well if you can wait till December I can give ya some reviews. I've got them in lay-a-way at Hallmark with the SW ones. Did you know the DS9 ornament has loops under it's upper pylons so that you can hang the ships from the Trek 3-ship mini set from? And it runs off batteries instead of plugging it into the Christmas lights! Those suckers get harder to take out every year. Hehe. I might as well ask this while we're on the topic, but does anyone have MISB (I like that 'new ornament smell' ) Defiant ornament, MISB Enterprise-E ornament, MISB Runabout ornament, and a MISB SW 3 ship mini-set that has small MM like versions of an X-wing, AT-AT and TIE Fighter. On my ornament runs I kept not having enough money for the all SW plus the ST ship ornaments so I had to settle for just the SW but now I'm back in it full swing!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

here is a picture of the droid control ship ornament from hallmarks wep page

the photo does not do the droid control ship justice, as it really is a supberb mm substitute. the naboo fighter and droid fighter are nice in their own right, but alas they are too small to be considered of an mm class. plus, galoob had already made mm versions of those two.

btw, you can also order directly from the web page, and maybe save yourself the tax to boot. but of course s/h charges do apply
    Last edited by good shot jansen; 09-17-2001 at 08:33 AM.

i did see the trek ones.............

display only, they were out of retail stock on those.

the mm versions are far superior, of the three (defiant, ent -e, voyager), i'de have to say that the defiant is the best of the lot.

the only reason why i mentioned the star wars set at all, is that the droid control ship is exactly the same size as one would expect for an mm version. an added plus is that the hallmark one is the droid control ship with all the antennae (as opposed to the droid battle ship without the array's which was shown to be part of mm set XIV-XVI), so even if the mm verion is tracked down, the hallmark one would be a nice varient to have.

Hey GSJ

Thanks for aquiring the set for me.

The Control Ship does look cool, and so does the "open-winged" droid fighter - is it also in scale with the MM "closed-winged" fighter?

Cheers

BC3

unfortunately it's a wee bit smaller....

but you're right, i didn't even realize that it's of an open wing design. pretty cool having a miniture of the droid fighter in two different wing configurations