Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Angry Falwell blames ***s for attack.

I have always thought Jerry Falwell was ignorant, but this takes the cake. He was quoted on T.V. as saying something like, "***s and lesbians should point the finger at themselves" for Tuesday's attack. What media person would give this guy the opportunity to say something so stupid? Why is this man allowed to vent his close-minded opinions on T.V.? Whether or not you think homosexuality is wrong, surely you all must agree that blaming ***s for the tragedy has no basis. It makes about as much sense as blaming every Arabian looking person you see. Less. I just think this was a terribly insensitive, ill timed, ignorant thing to say, and I long for the day when morons like him are not asked their opinions on T.V. This is America, where everyone has the right to be unreasonable and stupid, but we don't have to put them all on T.V. do we? They put him on T.V., likely for the same reason they've put a lot of religious figures on, to say something to unite us all, make us feel better, and he says something to further divide us.

When it comes down to it, no one deserves this, and this country, IMO, immoral or not, has done nothing to warrant this. I've heard a lot of "this is America's own fault" crap, there was even a chat room on AOL called "It's our damn fault". I'm sick of it.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

hmm, I can type "lesbians" but not g a y s. I just wanted to make sure you all knew I didn't use a slur where the word is censored out.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

, I guess you can type it.

Anyways I agree, anyone who goes on TV ranting about their personal discrepencies, or whatever you want to call it, just comes off sounding like a moron.
    Unless that was the anchorman's goal. "Hey let's make Fallwell sound like the idiot he is!"

sounds like fun to me.
    Your signature here!

Re: Falwell blames ***s for attack.

Originally posted by Fulit
    I have always thought Jerry Falwell was ignorant, but this takes the cake. He was quoted on T.V. as saying something like, "***s and lesbians should point the finger at themselves" for Tuesday's attack.
    So are the Arabian people on the planes ***? I don't get it? Plus I think he a ******* for making stupid comments
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I read about this ridiculous statement from one of America's Top 10 hatemongers last week. This is exactly the type of mentality that we are fighting against. It is actually HE who is most like the terrorists... fighting in ignorance, fear and in the name of God- a God who apparently is not OUR God, for his God is a god of hate and not love.

Pray for this sad man and all those who follow him.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Sorry for the autocensor removing the 3-letter-term for "homosexuals", last month it was being used in a derogatory way a lot and we got enough complaints that we weren't keeping up erasing the inappropriate use of the word, so it went to the autocensor.

I'm disgusted by anybody who uses this tragedy as a springboard for their personal agendas - whether it's financial, political, religious, whatever. But to use hate speech on top of that is just plain sickening.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think Falwell should go back and read his Bible. The message of Jesus Christ is one of love, acceptance and tolerance. He's twisting God's Word to fit his own needs and he'll answer for it in the afterlife.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Amen!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

My mom told me that there was a preacher who said that the attack was God's wrath on homosexuals and Americans for passing the Civil Unions Law. Some of these people should be locked away in a padded cell.
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

Falwell's a dumb***. Period. If any doubt remains in anyone's mind, watch his blatantly racist ads from the 2000 presidential campaign. He should disgust us all.

Another thing that's getting under my skin is people saying that this was "God's will" and "This happened for a reason." I don't know if they have a different Bible from the one I have, but the God in my Bible wouldn't kill off thousands of random innocents, at least 1/2 of whom I'd guess were His followers, just to make a point. No, this was the work of sick individuals who claim to follow the same God in a different way, but are either brainwashed or severely misguided.
    Tommy, close your eyes.