Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sidious idenity revealed in Ep. III?

Will D. Sidious' idenity be revealed in Ep. III? Or will he always be in the shadows. Even when Palpatine takes power & declares himself Emperor? We all know who Sidious is, but will Lucas reveal this in the movie? What do u think? Thanks.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Is there any doubt anywhere that Sidious and Palpatine are the same guy? I think someone (Obi-Wan or Padme) will go to confront Palpatine about becoming to powerful and he will gleefully reveal that he is Sidious and everything that has happened in Episodes I and II has happened because of his manipulations.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

If GL keeps with the parallel structure, we'll definitely find out. Look at the trilogies individually:

Part I (ANH & TPM): Palpatine does nothing that obviously affects the Skywalkers personally. His machinations to take over the galaxy are mentioned only in passing.

Part II (ESB & AOTC): Palpatine begins to take a more active role. In ESB, he appears for the first time (as a monkey!) to play a part in Luke's future. And in AOTC, he manipulates the Jedi Council to put Anakin where he wants him, not to mention saying things like, "You don't need guidance. I see you becoming the most powerful Jedi of all."

In ROTJ, Palpatine appears as a major character and kicks tail. I suspect we'll see some Force lightning coming out of the ol' chap's fingers in E3. I also think we'll have some lines similar to, "Kill Tyranus and take his place by my side!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I do not believe anyone (other than Anakin/Vader, Obi wan and Yoda) that will know of Palpatine's true identity in Ep III will survive Ep III. In my opinion, only Obi-wan, Vader, and Yoda know of Palpatine's true identity up until ANH. By ESB, Luke knows and then the rest of the Rebellion movement, which probably is dismissed by the Imperial Bureaucrats as propaganda.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    D. Mandingo, The rest of the galaxy might not find out, but to the audience WATCHING the film, all will be revealed. That was my point.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I think that the Jedi are weak! All they have to do is look into the future, and they'll hear the name "Emperor Palpatine." Then they'll know what the Chancellor has in mind. And Sidious looks a LOT like the Emperor. It makes it all so easy! And he has the plans to the Death Star, too.

SUPER-SPOLIER ALERT!!!

I hear that Jar Jar accidentally finds Palpatine's underwear and his initials say "DS" not "CP." Or Anakin calls Palpatine on the space phone and he answers "Lord Sidious."

---------------
    Destroying legitimate topics one thread at a time!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I don't think the Jedi can see the future when it pretains to the Sith. The Dark Side clouds things. Gee, if the Sith block themselves out of Jedi's visions, the only good the Jedi's powers are good for is picking lottery numbers.

Another SPOILER ALERT!!

Jar Jar sneeks up behind Palpy sitting at his desk. He peeks over Palpatine's shoulder and sees that he is practicing a new signature "Darth Siduous, Galactic Emperor"
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

So you all are thinking that Palpatine will still do his double-identity of Sidious/Palpatine even after he declares himself emporer? I think he'll immediately switch to his more comfortable sith robes and will freely admit to anybody that he is was Sidious all along.

I hope there's a cool scene where Anakin confronts Sidious before or after killing Tyranus and Sidious pulls down his hood, revealing himself to be Palpatine, and gives us an evil smile.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

According to the novelization of ROTJ, the galaxy knows it is Emperor Palpatine who rules the Empire. Perhaps Sidious is just his "secret identity" until his manipulations put him in power.
    "I'm getting too old for this kind of thing"