Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shapeshifters?

Shapeshifters?

Why did George Lucas introduce a species of Shapeshifters? The story would have been fine with Zam Wessell being just another human.

Has he been watching too many Star Trek Episodes? Or do you think that this species will re-appear in Episode 3?
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I think he was just trying to show something new in the saga, to show that the universe is full of millions of different and exotic creatures and aliens. I think it is interesting to have a changeling in Star Wars. Maybe the species will have something to do with Episode III, we'll just have to wait until 2005.

(Maybe we will find out that Han Solo is really a shape shifter in Episode 7 or something )

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

i agree with pendo, i like the fact that there are so many different sw races, it shows that the galaxie really is huge
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda

I agree too. Why not shapeshifters. It was a good idea to build on.

Originally posted by sunblind
    I agree too. Why not shapeshifters. It was a good idea to build on.
    Well that's the question I have. Why NOT build on it?

I don't mind the idea of Star Wars shapeshifters, but Rogue 2 is correct that Zam Wessel could have been a human and it would have made no difference in the plot.

If they're going to make Zam a Shapeshifter why not use that? She didn't even change shape when she went into the bar to hide for crying out loud. Her clothes might not change but at least having a different face would make finding her a bit harder.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

FOr the way it was set up in the movie, there was no need for her to be a shape shifter. If there is a scene or something that was cute, then maybe we will see more of it in the DVD. Until then, there really wasn't a need for it.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I'm telling ya, that was in cause Han is going to find out he's one in Episode VII. She was put in Episode II so it won't seem like strange when one suddenly shows up in Episode 7.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I don't mind Lucas using the shapeshifter, but the way he used them seemed.....akward. If he was so dead set on making Zam a shapeshifter, he must be planning on using them in a larger role in Episode III......or maybe Episode VII.

But there won't be an Episode VII. Lucas has said so.

I know there will be no Episode VII. I read an article someone posted that Lucas made a slip in an interview and said 7 instead of 3. SO, for me, Episode VII will always be a joke.