Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

5000 Posts: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love SSG!!

I know this will probably be closed, but I feel that I wanted to celebrate this milestone with everyone I've met here. You guys that I enjoy talking to and helping day in and day out, made it go by faster then I though. Yesterday was my 1 year anniversary on these wonderful forums.

I just wanted to extend my thanks to everyone that I have had the chance to chat with and discuss Star Wars with. You really made it fun. Even when there were times of strife on the boards or in my life, I felt that there were people I could share my love with. I know that we all didn't see eye to eye, but the discussions were alot of fun.

Star Wars has been a major part of my life from te beginning. I am kind of sad that I don't have my vintage collection anymore, because then I could look on them and know that they were so well loved. Scratched paintjobs and missing accessories, it was all worth it. Maybe once the modern line fades away, I will go back and start collecting vintage again.

Star Wars was truely what made me the person I am today. Alot of people probably consider that kind of sad, but I know I am a better person for it. And I'm sure many of you are. It taught me morals and life lessons, that I wouldn't have recieved anywhere else. I could have turned out alot worse, from the way my family was.

I just would love to shake all your hands, and meet you in real life. I know that that is pretty much an utter impossibility, but atleast we can spend time together here. You guys really do make this the best Star Wars site on the net. And that is not me kissing up. I couldn't imagine this place without most of you.

I also want to thank the moderators as well as Sir Steve. The people that keep this site running so well. I'm proud to be a member of these forums. You guys really don't get the ammount of respect and appreciation that you deserve most of the time. I know that it's a rough job, and you can't make everyone happy. I'm just glad that you are there, and that you do your best.

Again, I wanna thank you all for making the first year on the new forums a hell of a ride. And I look forward to the upcoming year with new hope. And I'm just glad that I can share my love of Star Wars with people of like mind. Can't wait til 2005, when we'll have even more to talk about. So again, as always:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 08-18-2002 at 12:55 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Congrats EMPEROR JarJarBinks!!! Wow, so there is life after 5000. And it was a well deserved milestone Jar!

Congrats again
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

That's awesome. Are you a Jedi or Sith?
    So does that mean you're leaving?

Congrat JJB! But I'll never fall to your side. Too bad theres no custom title, but at least there is a new title. I wonder what it says for the lightside...

So this is a great for you, finally got a Mer-Man and you became Emperor.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Congrats gungan. Now maybe one day I'll reach 200
    Never question an eye that no longer lives THEY KNOW ALL!!!

STRAIGHT OUTTA LOCASH!!!

Here is my DVD collection

CB4 Where you at?

There may be a custom title, but he hasn't set one yet.

I doubt it. I'm sure he would have come up with something creative by now.
    Never question an eye that no longer lives THEY KNOW ALL!!!

STRAIGHT OUTTA LOCASH!!!

Here is my DVD collection

CB4 Where you at?

congrats! good job! now, i might be there next summer!
    h
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

To my knowledge there is no custom title, but SirSteve would be the one to ask. For topping 5K, the Sith path is Emeperor, and the Jedi path is Jedi Council Member. Jar let me know on that. He wants to hang at 5K for a bit
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Nice avatar for a forumite who lectures others about how post counts mean nothing.