Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

A word to the wise (and frugal)

If you use Paypal, please read the T&Cs thoroughly; there are quite a few mishaps that can (and have to friends of mine) happen. The account you submit for verification - be it savings, current, credit or whatever, can be frozen by Paypal at any time.

Wih the squilion users it is unlikely to be one of us that gets nobbled but they have been trading at a loss of for the past 2 years.

You may want to check this article out and perhaps this too

I will resort to International Money Orders when dealing with the R2 builders (simply because that's a lot more money) when I can afford parts, but you guys have a federally-backed USPS MO system so why not use that?

I was really fed up when I first read about this because of the convenience for people like BC3 & I who are stranded out of Mos Espa here in the Jundland Wastes

jeddah

Exclamation

Jeddah: Thanks for the warning about Paypal's recent troubles. While I have just decided to sign up for the service, its good know those all of those details about the company's financial plight. If they start charging their users fees to help recuperate their losses, I will probably cancel their service.

VT: Item will be shipped (in a padded envelope at your request ) tomorrow. Only the fig itself could fit in the envelope, not the bubble wrap or the air packs I tried to include with it. But it will definitely arrive in CO in safe condition.

I am still waiting for Warstar's response regarding the MMs that are coming to him. Anyone hear from him ?

And yes, I have just signed up indicating my interest in obtaining a credit card. Haven't received the little piece of plastic yet, but imagine all the Star Wars I can buy with that thing.

Also, starting this week, I am back at school and will unfortuneatly, will not be checking in the forums as frequently as I hope to. I will use the weekends to catch up though, and whatever times I have during the weekday.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Thumbs up no problem re no bubbly pax, bubby ;)

for that matter, envelope prolly doesn't even need to be Padded; just a lil bigger than bizness size hell, you can even fold the backing card if it helps everything fit, i don't care
    as soon as you verify for me email address & name registered under paypal, as well as fact that total cost's under $4.93, i'll fwd swaffy's dirty laundered $$ to your pp acct
    jdah just likes to worry us paypal users into crappin our panks oh well, i've never kept $$ in my pp acct long anyway. i was Wonderin how they coulda been makin a profit w/out chargin me nuthin. guess now i know: Thay Ain't Bin reminds me of amazon.com and cdnow.com, both of whom offered me multiple $10 gift certificates a couple years back. so i picked items under ~$6, which left enough to cover shipping, so it was aaaaall fweeee i still haven't spent a dime at amazon (prefer to support non-chain bookstores like tc) , but i might eventually cuz i hear they're offering a world-exclusive philip glass Candyman score. but i'm gonna wait & see if i can score it used first
    i reckon future-speilberg ws is just practicin blowin us off for when he can Afford to :happy:
    vt
    np: lil louis, "club lonely"
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 01-22-2002 at 12:48 AM.

The FX-7 was shipped on Tuesday (1/22) and should be in Denver by early next week. And don't PayPal me yet until I get my account confirmed, I will let you know when.

Also, a quick question regarding Paypal? Will Paypal automatically forward payments received into your account?
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Lightbulb $$ people palpay you goes into your paypal acct. . .

. . .at which point you are free to do what you wish with it; either keep it there, send it to someone else (such as an ebay seller), or withdraw it into your savings acct. all such transactions are free of charge in my experience

*Sneaks in*

I apologize- I have had a hell of a time these past 2 weeks- school started, amongst other drama (girls, mayhem and hot tubs- don't ask -_-; )

But anyway, where were we in this mess?

List of trades going down, anyone?

BTW- I am taking a class in Photography, VT and R2. Prepare to be photographed when next we meet, sometime between March 11-15

So please, re-iterate what's going on with this trade and I'll get the ball rollin' again.

Spielberg, I ain't- but Ansel Adams I am aiming for. Of course, I don't shoot in F64

Peace

Red face idunno what rtff means, but knowin jdah i'm sure it's rude ;P

pay no mind ws- jdah's just goin thru a rough patch (which explains why i Still don't have my stuff yet?? )
    hottubs? takin a "marine biology" class like in dengarfield in Back To School?

Re: idunno what rtff means, but knowin jdah i'm sure it's rude ;P

Originally posted by vulcantouch
    pay no mind ws- jdah's just goin thru a rough patch (which explains why i Still don't have my stuff yet?? )
    how's that dhl thang werkin' out?

Originally posted by warstar
    girls, mayhem and hot tubs- don't ask
    no can do big guy! without any mm's to be chatty about, i'm forced to ask about girls, mayhem and hot tubs , soooooo, gowon....gowon, i'm interested, what about girls, meyham, and hot tubs ?

np: that jazzy lil number they play between segments on npr's - all things considered
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Re: *Sneaks in*

Originally posted by Warstar
    I apologize- I have had a hell of a time these past 2 weeks- school started, amongst other drama (girls, mayhem and hot tubs- don't ask -_-; )

But anyway, where were we in this mess?

List of trades going down, anyone?

BTW- I am taking a class in Photography, VT and R2. Prepare to be photographed when next we meet, sometime between March 11-15

So please, re-iterate what's going on with this trade and I'll get the ball rollin' again.

Spielberg, I ain't- but Ansel Adams I am aiming for. Of course, I don't shoot in F64

Peace
    Hey WS. We still gotta transaction to complete. Let me know
    what MMs you like. If you lost the list I will resend the E-mail. Or you can E-mail me at homerj208@cs.com