Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Cell phone users, which service do you use?

I'm considering switching from the PCS company I'm currently with to another company because of all the difficulties I've encountered with billing and the lack of service areas. Plus, they're not even a deal anymore, unlike when I joined up a year ago, they're now extra stingey with their daytime minutes.

I am wondering, which companies do you folks use and what makes them good?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Anybody got an opinion on this? It doesn't have to be in my area, if you like a national company in any part of the country, I'd love to hear details 'cause I'm *SICK* of the one I'm dealing with.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm with BT Cellnet which is mainly in the UK. I think it is changing to 02 or something like that and may be more international soon.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I use Verizon. Their ads are annoying, but with the 50 state-rate I have, I have had zero problems.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

JT, you working for a market research company and using us as guinea pigs or what? This is like the tenth thread you started that asks a question like this. I reckon your next thread will be

"Do you prefer the taste of regular colgate toothpaste to the whitening variety. If you answered yes then would you consider buying a different brand should the taste change for any reason?
    How often do you buy a tube of colgate regular toothpaste? How many people besides yourself use the tube?"

See what I mean? Really odd threads man, you working for some insidious organisation trying to brainwash us into buying the products most reccomended by the majority of respondants in the threads? Maybe I need to stop being so cynical but it just seems like a real weird idea for a thread.

Hmm.....e-jargo may be right. You corporate devil!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

No Jargo, I'm just sick to death of the PCS company I'm with and I could use advice!!! DAMN THEM FOR THEIR SHODDY CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SOMEWHAT POOR CALL QUALITY!!! It's ok, I'm calm, I'm calm. The reason I don't mention the company name is I don't wanna affect the opinions of those responding - I want clean-slate answers so I can better decide on whether I should stick with my company or switch (they make you sign 1-year contracts with these things, so I don't want to get stuck with something crappy... AGAIN!!! ). I could say "I am sick of PTE's Cell Service" (fictional example), but then someone who likes PTE over AT&Love might not explain why. For example, I'm going to ask QLD a question about Verizon not because I'm using this to sell marketing datat to anybody, but because I don't wanna switch and find out they're even worse in some areas than who I'm already with...

QLD, do you like their coverage, rates, customer service, billing plans (any/all that apply)? For me, I'm sick to death of ALL those issues with the company I'm with and would love to know what you think of Verizon (and I think the Cingular ads are even more annoying, if you can believe it! ).

Um, oh, okay......

*backs away quietly, grinning sheepishly*

shutting up now sir ......

I use AT&T, the ONE RATE service. No long distance and no roaming charges ever.

No night time and weekend minutes to worry about and no PEAK time hidden charges.

The coverage is great!!!!

The only problem I had was a simple error on their part, when I first activated my phone, and they paid 1/2 of my first montly bill when they figured it out.

Great customer service as well.
    " I think I have the SITH sense...I see DARTH people!"

Thanks for the info DahrJin. How much do you pay for minutes? When I had them about 2 years ago (the prepaid version), it was $.15 per min, approx..