Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about Bespin Duel Luke

does he have a magnet in either hand for the "force grab" effect? or is the metal hilt just there for the hell of it?

just for the hell of it. i noticed that too, but just forgot. it would be better if one hand had it and the other didn't.
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

No magnets for attracting the saber. The saber is IDENTICAL to the one that comes with Vader that IS magnetically attracted though, so it was probably just a cost-cutting measure (though I prefer the metal sabers anyway).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I prefer them too. I was looking for a magnet... but there was none to be found... except in the hand. The hand, by the way, attaches nicely to FB Jango's neck. I suggest trying it. The hand also looks good on Zam's stump creating a "thalidomide" (sp) deformation look. Okay... that was totally not PC. Sorry if I offended anyone.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I can't get mine to hang from the antennae without the whole thing bending all out of whack.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    The saber is IDENTICAL to the one that comes with Vader that IS magnetically attracted though, so it was probably just a cost-cutting measure (though I prefer the metal sabers anyway).
    I have both Bespin Luke and Vader loose and carded. The two sabers I have are not identical. They are both metal but Vader's is painted black at the tip and Luke's is not. I've seen dozens and dozens of these two figures and each Vader and Luke has a different saber.

Oh, by the way I like the metal sabers the best too, Jedi Tricks. Thats the reason I bought the Obi Wan and Kit Fisto. The next thing Hasbro needs to do is get these sabers to glow or light up like the lights on the new R2-D2! Now that would be cool!

Luke Bespin

I swapped my Luke Bespin saber for my Anakin Hanger Duel blue saber so I can have Anakin using the magnet to attract his blue saber just like in the movie.
    They're pretty much the same sabers except Luke Bespins is metal and he's no magnets in his hands.
    Anyone else done this?????
    I've got 2 Anakin Hangar Duels so I have one with both sabers and one with just the blue lightsaber, I can use that one for other scenes in the movie.

Yes, that is what I did too--- I did is especially because the saber that came with Luke Bespin is just terribly done-- while the saber that comes with Anakin actually looks like Luke's saber.

Originally posted by jblodgett
    Yes, that is what I did too--- I did is especially because the saber that came with Luke Bespin is just terribly done-- while the saber that comes with Anakin actually looks like Luke's saber.
    jblodgett - are you the one who started the thread about how bad Bespin Lukes saber is? I can't remember.

What do you think about the Bespin Vader saber? Because I bought him yesterday and I thought it looked pretty darn good. And it's apparently the same saber but with a black tip.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

So lemme get this straight, Luke Bespin comes with a metal saber, but no magnets to attract it? Not even on his belt so you can hang the hilt on there?

Cheap!

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com